Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Need help to mod my ACPi Table
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As many of you know my motherboard (MSI Master2 FAR7) doesn't work with my Graphic card (HD3850) but it works with my old one X1950Pro, both have a 512 Mbyte memory and 256 bit BUS and are AGP 8x.
So I don't think it's problem of reserved memory area as suggested by MSI.
As suggested here it's probably a problem of ACPI Table.
Now I found another mainboard (ABIT A8V Deluxe 3rd-Eye) that has the same chipset of mine and it works with both my graphic cards.
So I disassembled both ACPI Table and compared both, there are some similar part, some are only on my mainboard others only on the other one.
Now I'm wondering if I should only add the missing part from the ABIT mainboard or not, and some similar part have only, what I think a memory address, different

MSI
Quote:Name (PICM, Package (0x24)
{
Package (0x04)
{
0x0007FFFF,
0x00,
\_SB.PCI0.LNKC,
0x00
},

ABIT

Quote:Name (PICM, Package (0x30)
{
Package (0x04)
{
0x0008FFFF,
0x00,
\_SB.PCI0.LNKA,
0x00
},

Package (0x04)
{
0x0008FFFF,
0x01,
\_SB.PCI0.LNKB,
0x00
},

Package (0x04)
{

0x0008FFFF,
0x02,
\_SB.PCI0.LNKC,
0x00
},

should I only add the missing part as is or change the BOLD part according to my DSDT Table?

TIA

P.S.
I attached the pdf print of the compare of the whole DSDT Table and my mod version.
This is quite fascinating analysis on the ACPI side. I don't know if it would be wise to copy the entire function because that has a different package bit then what the MSI BIOS will look for. I am beinging to speculate if you change just the 0x0007FFFF, to 0x0008FFFF if that will increase the reserved side appropriately. Give me time to look at the comparison, but it might also help to see if you can trace if those are offset values, or actual memory size values (in bold)

TheWiz
My programming knowledge are not deep enough to understand that.
Can you tell me how to do that?
I will wait with patience.
If I program a different BIOS chip with a modded bios in which I only copied as is the difference and put it in the mainboard could I damage it? Could it help?

I add the other mod in which I just copy all the difference as is.
Now I can work with the PC using a PCI version of HD5450 and I find something strange analyzing the system with hwinfo it inform that the AGP Slot is in use even if no video card is there, so I think the AGP slot is sharing its resource with another peripheral. Could it be possible?
Yesterday I installed a Promise controller and it wasn't seen during boot but sometimes while I was working and windows inform of a resource conflict, i think with the onboard network adapter because it was not working too, after putting the controller on the PCI slot 2 everything is working even if once the computer hang.
What do you think?