Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Aspire X3200 problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have this Acer Aspire X3200 with this Acer Boxer Motherboard DA078L
Bios: Phoenix Award WorkstationBIOS
and sata controller is broken, i use this PCI-E PCIE RAID Express Card to 2 SATA II Controller with JMicron jmb363 controller to replace my broken sata controller and i have problem, bios not recognizing this JMicron, not have options to set in bios,

Bios is: ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/desktop/asp.../R01A3.zip i flash bios with tis.

i try to instal win 7, have win 7 bootable usb, see my sata hdd and when try to install give me error that i must set in bios boot from hdd,

How to set options in bios to see this JMicron jmb363 controller ?
Chances are you need the option rom for the controller card integrating into the BIOS image. I have replaced the old RAID controller rom in there with the latest jMicron controller ROM

Try this mod at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Acer%20As...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin
(06-17-2011, 06:29 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Chances are you need the option rom for the controller card integrating into the BIOS image. I have replaced the old RAID controller rom in there with the latest jMicron controller ROM

Try this mod at your own risk!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/747181/Acer%20As...34s282.zip

Regards
Admin

Before i try to mod bios and bios crashed and 1 guy back my bios alive,

now i put this bios ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/desktop/asp...B0_DOS.zip you see .bin bios file, i got options to put in ide and anhci options in bios but still not have luck, my bios not see jMicron,
not yet try your bios mod,
but do you think that better to mod this ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/desktop/asp...B0_DOS.zip ?

Update:

I try your bios, flashing is ok, not have errors, bios is starting, but black screen is maybe 10-15 sek, and jMicron controller have power (red diode light) but then bios restart black screen and i got this message
Warning! Now system is in Safe Mode.
Please re-setting CPU frenquency in the CMOS setup.

Press F1 to continue, DEL to enter SETUP

and this is message repeats every time when restart pc, and not wont to see hdd in bios (hdd is in sata port on jMicron cards)
have you restt all the bios settings to defaults?

Admin
Yes, but now not have Warning message, but hdd on jMicron cards not work in bios.

This R01-A3 not have options to set AHCI or IDE options http://postimage.org/gallery/iwwwx56w/0c00ee89/

in R01-B0 i have options to set that.
I have installed windows 8 on usb hdd , and when i put dvd/cd writer in sata jMicron cards, works good, windows 8 see dvd/cd writer without a installation drivers, and red led on jMicron works.

But bios not see jMicron.
Which PCI-E SATA card to put in pci-e slot to my bios see that card ?
Bios is ftp://ftp.work.acer-euro.com/desktop/asp...B0_DOS.zip

Which card have support in my bios ?