Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Sony Vaio VGN-UX390N Unlocked hidden options & EIST Unlocked (Post: #5 & #18)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
VGN-UX58
I sent it to someone and upgraded it.
I didn't test it. My machine will be back soon, then I'll try it.
(06-03-2011, 03:44 AM)elunge Wrote: [ -> ]VGN-UX58
I sent it to someone and upgraded it.
I didn't test it. My machine will be back soon, then I'll try it.

Thank you very much.

Well, if i'm right, you sent yours to Anh of Micropctalk.
I know there are others who do CPU upgrade but he is the most popular.

I might try it on mine. We have identical bios and nearly identical vaio.

Will let you know if successful.
Aha, I'm waiting for EIST.
Elunge,

I hope you won't mind that I tried to load the modded bios on my ux, since UX57 & 58 have the same bios, but failed. Error code 149 (Bios update failed. Image file.......wph is either not valid or damage) kept on appearing on Winphlash. I tried flashing it on dos mode using Phlash16 but this is the error: "platform signature not found in interface" . What seems to be the problem? I'm hoping that the ram limit was also unlocked in your mod.

Thanks.
Maybe you should run WBFLASH.exe.
The bios must be updating from R0101N2 to R0112N2( replace R0112N2.WPH which the one moded)
Thanks. I'll try it. I'm hoping that it will work 'coz my bios is already upgraded to the original R0112N2.
Hi,

Sorry for the delay. The modified BIOS with EIST unlocked will be ready in this week.
This is modified BIOS for Sony Vaio VGN-UX390N. It is based on BIOS R0112N2_slic2.1. Use at your own risk! If you flashed BIOS with this BIOS image, please take pictures some of the unlocked options & post it here.
Sony Vaio VGN-UX390N R0112N2_slic2.1 EIST MOD.rar
(MD5: E8B64726A1A8E1D5B1930E656133DC2C)

Changes:-
  • Unlocked sub-menus
  • Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology unlocked (for enabling dual-IDA mode using ThrottleStop)
    EDIT: (CORRECTION) The VGN-UX computer have IntelĀ® 945GMS chipset. Unfortunately, this chipset doesn't support Intel Dynamic Acceleration (IDA). IDA only supported on Santa Rosa (PM965/GM965) & Montevina (GM45/PM45) platforms only, of course with supported processor.

(For the rest of the screenshots of the unlocked options/sub-menus, please go to post #5)
[Image: SonyVaioVGN-UXR0112N2_slic21EISTUnlockedMOD1.jpg]
[Image: SonyVaioVGN-UXR0112N2_slic21EISTUnlockedMOD2.jpg]

Quote:NOTES: Under "Workaround Control Sub-Menu", there are a lot of sub-menus. Please be careful with it. If your computer doesn't boot after changing something in the sub-menu, you will need to disconnect the CMOS/RTC battery to reset CMOS back to default. To do so, you will need to open your notebook casing.

Please make sure your notebook can recover corrupted BIOS with CRISIS disk before flashing BIOS with this modified BIOS image. I will not responsible for any problem. Good luck. Smile

(06-13-2011, 11:53 AM)kizwan Wrote: [ -> ]Please make sure your notebook can recover corrupted BIOS with CRISIS disk before flashing BIOS with this modified BIOS image. I will not responsible for any problem. Good luck. Smile

Thank you very much! I' try it now. How to set bios for EIST?
You can use ThrottleStop in windows to enabled/disabled EIST. You can enabled dual-IDA mode. Your U7700 - 1.33 -> 1.46@x11 when dual-IDA mode enabled.

EDIT: (CORRECTION) The VGN-UX computer have IntelĀ® 945GMS chipset. Unfortunately, this chipset doesn't support Intel Dynamic Acceleration (IDA). IDA only supported on Santa Rosa (PM965/GM965) & Montevina (GM45/PM45) platforms only, of course with supported processor.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5