Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Intel DQ965GF proper Wolfdale support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone had success modifying Intel BIOSes? I have a DQ965GF Intel Desktop Board with a very specific problem. Back when I assembled this system, I didn't do enough research on the CPU and bought a Wolfdale E6300, instead of a Conroe E6300. The Wolfdale CPU works fine at the correct clock speed, and the board recognizes it, but speedstep fails on it and keeps the CPU running at 100% speed all the time.

I know the board supports speedstep (even has options in the BIOS for it) and other CPUs I've tried in it that were officially supported had speedstep work fine.

The Conroe variant is 1.86 GHz with 2M of cache.
The Wolfdale variant is 2.8 GHz with 2M of cache.

I'd like to get speedstep working without dumping $60+ on a new 775 board because it running at full throttle all the time generates lots of excess heat, and it's a server that runs 24/7.
Unfortuantely intel use a unique bios format in most of their boards which we are unable to mod. However , some use AMI bioses. IF you could post a download link to the bios for your motherboard then we will take a look at it. If its AMI then we can try the mod but if its not then theres nothing we can do Sad

Admin
(06-12-2011, 09:50 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortuantely intel use a unique bios format in most of their boards which we are unable to mod. However , some use AMI bioses. IF you could post a download link to the bios for your motherboard then we will take a look at it. If its AMI then we can try the mod but if its not then theres nothing we can do Sad

Admin

Here's the links to the latest BIOS:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2372&DwnldID=18158&ProductFamily=Desktop+Boards&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+965+Express+Chipset+Family+Boards&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Desktop+Board+DQ965GF&lang=eng