Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ASUS Terminator T3-P5G965 unlock request. SOLVED!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
------------------OLD POST--------------------
Hello.

I just wrote few days ago in AHCI unlocking subforum, but i realize that there's also processor config locked options in my bios.

So my requests is to unlock it all, AHCI config access and Processor overclock settings access.

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-He...hci-please
---------------------------------------------------

In the thread above is linked the AHCI working file.

Nice day.
Camilo
The latest bios on the Asus website (version 0903) doesnt seemt o have anything hidden , AHCI Configuration and CPU Configuration are visible and no options in these menus are hidden. If you arent running 0903 i suggest you update to it.

If you are running 0903 and still cant see these options then try pressing Ctrl F1 , Ctrl F9 , Ctrl Home or Ctrl Insert when in the BIOS as these key combinations sometimes display advanced features

Regards
Admin
(06-13-2011, 10:05 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]The latest bios on the Asus website (version 0903) doesnt seemt o have anything hidden , AHCI Configuration and CPU Configuration are visible and no options in these menus are hidden. If you arent running 0903 i suggest you update to it.

If you are running 0903 and still cant see these options then try pressing Ctrl F1 , Ctrl F9 , Ctrl Home or Ctrl Insert when in the BIOS as these key combinations sometimes display advanced features

Regards
Admin

Yes, i'm running that 0903, but as i told before no way to access AHCI configuration nor enable AHCI on the SATA configuration, it's only got Disabled, Compatible and Enhanced items, and none of them equals AHCI Sad

The processor options are less important to me, but AHCI was a need.

I will try when i get home to press that key combinations while in bios, maybe we get a surprise.

I noticed using MMTOOL that there's no PCI Option rom for the ICH8 when in AHCI mode, is it necessary??? I guess yes. There's option ROM for RAID MODE wtf ?¿?¡, for the Integrated graphics card X3100, and for the jmicron PATA RAID controller.

There's no way either to activate RAID mode on the ICH8 Sata controller. Bios configures ICH8 SATA as two legacy controllers one of them 4 port and other 2 port regardless the selection on Sata config mode. Only Disabled seems to change someting Smile Disks disappear Smile

So, what about adding AHCI option rom, and patching DSDT to force ICH8 in AHCI mode? i know i would loose the "Compatible and Enhanded" modes, but just for trying....

Please have a deeper look into it to see if there's an "easy" way to enable AHCI mode.

Thanks for your efforts, and nice day Wink
Camilo.
(06-14-2011, 03:59 AM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-13-2011, 10:05 PM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]The latest bios on the Asus website (version 0903) doesnt seemt o have anything hidden , AHCI Configuration and CPU Configuration are visible and no options in these menus are hidden. If you arent running 0903 i suggest you update to it.

Regards
Admin

Yes, i'm running that 0903, but as i told before no way to access AHCI configuration nor enable AHCI on the SATA configuration, it's only got Disabled, Compatible and Enhanced items, and none of them equals AHCI Sad

The processor options are less important to me, but AHCI was a need.

I will try when i get home to press that key combinations while in bios, maybe we get a surprise.

I noticed using MMTOOL that there's no PCI Option rom for the ICH8 when in AHCI mode, is it necessary??? I guess yes. There's option ROM for RAID MODE wtf ?¿?¡, for the Integrated graphics card X3100, and for the jmicron PATA RAID controller.

There's no way either to activate RAID mode on the ICH8 Sata controller. Bios configures ICH8 SATA as two legacy controllers one of them 4 port and other 2 port regardless the selection on Sata config mode. Only Disabled seems to change someting Smile Disks disappear Smile

So, what about adding AHCI option rom, and patching DSDT to force ICH8 in AHCI mode? i know i would loose the "Compatible and Enhanded" modes, but just for trying....

Please have a deeper look into it to see if there's an "easy" way to enable AHCI mode.

Thanks for your efforts, and nice day Wink
Camilo.

Well, in my post in the AMI AHCI requests subforum you will find the AHCI working bios.

Nice day.
Camilo.