Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: (UNLOCKED BIOS IN POST 28 )- Packard Bell Ipower GX DQ 767
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello to everyone!

I have a PB IPOWER GX DQ 767 Notebook and I want to unlock all the hidden features in this Phoenix BIOS! (or keyboard combinations?)

i cant upload my bios at this time!!! (surf stick)

Thanks
Big Grin

ok , i will download your bios file and mod it for you so , please wait Smile
(07-04-2011, 08:13 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]ok , i will download your bios file and mod it for you so , please wait Smile

many thanks
Big Grin
THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE Smile
here is your modified bios files with unlocked ( frequency ratio , advanced menu , intel menu and alot of options ) [attachment=2232]
please note that these aren`t all locked options but it`s the most of locked options and i think other options aren`t important for you ( 3 options still locked ).
i can unlock them too if you want but these options are some information eg. smart monitoring and some options which aren`t important for you eg, ultra dma mode.
please flash your bios and tell me if this works well .
i`m waiting your reply Smile
(07-08-2011, 07:00 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE Smile
here is your modified bios files with unlocked ( frequency ratio , advanced menu , intel menu and alot of options )
please note that these aren`t all locked options but it`s the most of locked options and i think other options aren`t important for you ( 3 options still locked ).
i can unlock them too if you want but these options are some information eg. smart monitoring and some options which aren`t important for you eg, ultra dma mode.
please flash your bios and tell me if this works well .
i`m waiting your reply Smile

Hello,

under Dos- Uniflash report that: UNKNOWN FLASH CHIP! (Write Protected?)
under Windows7 - Winplash report: Error

What program can I use flash?
For those who have Phoenix Bios but are not Lenovo or Sony bios files, it is best to flash your bios in DOS, using Phlash17 on a bootable USB flash drive along with modified bios file. Download Phlash17 from here: http://urlisdown.org/Tools/Phlash 17/Phlash17.rar OR http://www.sendspace.com/file/n4j3uz. To use phlash17 in DOS, type: ph161700 /x /FORCE /O /C /S NAME OF BIOS FILE then press enter.
please flash it from dos and tell me if this worked Smile
Upps!!!
;--(

it beeps 3 times!! (beep - beep beep)
the screen stays black!!

what now?
i`m sorry ti hear that but don`t worry just read this carefully and your notebook would be alive again.

1 ) disassemble your notebook and remove the CMOS battery for 20 minutes .
then put it again and power on your computer.
in this case , if your notebook booted normally , you would knew that it was only the problem of restoring default values to your CMOS no more.
and if this doesn`t work , it would be the flashing method or corrupted bios file.

2 ) if you have removed your CMOS battery and it`s still black screen , create a crisis recovery disk . [attachment=2235]
download the crisis disk and the your original bios file ( bios.wph )
- first open wincris.exe then create the crisis disk ( using usb stick ) .
- remove the notebook`s battery and Hold down: Fn+B or WinKey+B (On some new Laptop's Fn+Esc or Fn+F) and while holding plug the computer in to power (do not plug the battery) and pres the power button.
- the notebook would begin flashing your bios now with the original bios file.
- there will be a black screen during this process and it will take about 10 minutes then the notebook restart automatically .

try removing the CMOS battery for 20 minutes.
if this fails , try using the crisis disk.

also please note that when you try flashing the bios from dos , use the phlash16.exe that comes with your biosupdate files ( you will find it in folde called dos with your original bios files which is downloaded from the offical web site ) [attachment=2236]

i`m sorry again for this and i think removing the CMOS battery would fix this .
i`m waiting your reply.
Hello,

Remove cmos battery - no success!
Wincris reported: Warning! ....no removable Devices in your System!!!

but my usb stick is connected!!!
I'll try it later on another usb stick
UPDATE: use a small old usb stick with 128mb - Wincris runs
simple changes on usb stick! - FAT Filesystem and 3 Files (Minidos.sys + Bios.wph + Phlash16.exe)

may be the problem with the Bios update fail came because I had a Supervisor Bios password?

greetings
is the BIOS.WPH in Crisis Disc my Original Bios?
send me please the Original Bios - when not - thx

Greetings
its possible to manually create the Crisis stick?
Pages: 1 2 3 4