Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: AHCI SATA enable HP DV2713CA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there. I'm new here and I read some posts about finding and enabling string in my bios ROM files.

I need to enable AHCI so my SSD drive goes as fast as it was intended.

However, i'm unable to open the setup template file in phoenix rom editor.

My question is : Is anyone nice enough to enable that option in my bios ?

HEre's the link to HP bios file :
DV2713CA F.28 BIOS

There are many AHCI enable/disable strings, so it's kinda hard for a first timer in bios modification.

Thank you !
well , it`s an easy task Smile please wait and i will post the mod today for you Smile
sorry for my late reply but i was really busy .
(07-04-2011, 03:38 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]well , it`s an easy task Smile please wait and i will post the mod today for you Smile
sorry for my late reply but i was really busy .

Really or are being sarcastic ? It would be the first time someone actually helps me like that on the web !

Waiting Smile Thank you !
no , this is real Big Grin
here is your modified bios file .
i only unlocked the ahci mode option in this bios and you will find it in the main menu.
please flash your bios then tell me if this worked well.
i`m waiting for your reply Smile
I see the new option in BIOS MAIN menu, but it doesnt seem to do anything. Windows still sees my controller as and IDE controller Sad
well , the option was unlocked and appeared in the main menu.so , just enable tha ahci sata mode.
did the option was set to disable after you enabled it and rebooted your computer !! or it`s still enabled but the os still detect the HDD on ide mode!!
also try to knew if there is any other option should be enabled with the ahci to make it work , if that was right . i would unlock any other option you request.
(07-05-2011, 06:50 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]well , the option was unlocked and appeared in the main menu.so , just enable tha ahci sata mode.
did the option was set to disable after you enabled it and rebooted your computer !! or it`s still enabled but the os still detect the HDD on ide mode!!
also try to knew if there is any other option should be enabled with the ahci to make it work , if that was right . i would unlock any other option you request.

The option was enabled after reboot, so maybe there is something missing we need to unhide.

I found those other very interesting strings !

Code:
'IDE Configuration'
'Configure the IDE', 0Dh, 'interface.'
'Linux AHCI'
'Loads RAID ROM and ', 0Dh, 'executes if yes.', 0Dh, 0Dh, 'Phoenix native SATA', 0Dh, 'support will be', 0Dh, 'disabled if selected', 0Dh, 27h, 'Yes', 27h, '.'
'Load NVRAID ROM:'
'Enabled/Disable', 0Dh, 'Nvidia RAID control.', 0Dh, 0Dh, 'SATA controller must', 0Dh, 'be enabled for RAID', 0Dh, 'feature to function.', 0Dh
'NV RAID Configuration:'
'SATA0 Mode:'
'SATA Clock Ratio:'
'SATA Clock Select:'
'SATA0 Controller:'
'Enable/Disable', 0Dh, 'First Serial ATA Device', 0Dh, 0Dh, 'NOTE: Mobile platform,', 0Dh, 'Enable SATA, Save and', 0Dh, 'Exit BIOS SETUP. Then', 0Dh, 'must do a power cycle', 0Dh, 'during next POST.'
'SATA Hotplug:'
'When SATA Hotplug option', 0Dh, 'is enabled, the SATA', 0Dh, 'controller is left on', 0Dh, 'all the time thus reduce', 0Dh, 'power saving.', 0Dh, 'When hotplug is disabled', 0Dh, 'BIOS will disable SATA', 0Dh, 'controller if both', 0Dh, 'channels are unpopulated', 0Dh, 'or enable power saving', 0Dh, 'if only one channel is', 0Dh, 'populated. This option', 0Dh, 'applied to all SATA', 0Dh, 'controllers.'
'Select mode of the ', 0Dh, 'First Serial ATA Device', 0Dh, 0Dh, 'NOTE: Mobile platform,', 0Dh, 'Enable SATA, Save and', 0Dh, 'Exit BIOS SETUP. Then', 0Dh, 'must do a power cycle', 0Dh, 'during next POST.'
'SATA Spread Spectrum:'
'Disable (default) or', 0Dh, 'Enable SATA Spread ', 0Dh, 'Spectrum.'
i knew about these strings , but i think nothing from these strings is responsible for enabling the ahci in your bios.
all these options are about the IDE , RAID , SATA CLOCK , SPREAD SPECTRUM ........etc .
i can unlock these options for you if you want that .
Yeah, unlock those, maybe it will do something if I put RAID mode... at least i would have tried everything Tongue

Thanks
here is your modified bios file Smile [attachment=2234]
you will find a new system configuration menu which contains alot of options ( sata , usb , raid and others ) about 18 new options .
please flash it and tell me if this works well .
i`m waiting your reply and i`m sorry for the delay Smile
Pages: 1 2