Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ECS HP MCP61PM-HM Nettle2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This might sound odd, but I am trying to restore the goofy HP boot splash screen to the bios. I am working with this bios... V5.27 (attachment Net5.zip)
I am attempting to get this BMP installed/ inserted into the bios (Labeled HP_A_1.zip)
Also, in case it is necessary, here is a link to HP for the bios update HP LINK
I think that I must be doing something wrong, so any advice is welcome.

Thanks in advance
amiller
Your BIOS already has a boot-screen? It is possiblke, that there is no more "hook" for displaying the bootscreen but here (@bios-mods) you can get several BIOSes with logo and unlocked features where you can add/replace the logo... Else I'm sure one of my colleages here may help you find everything for your complete satisfaction! Wink
(07-12-2011, 03:05 AM)MrTangoWhisky Wrote: [ -> ]Your BIOS already has a boot-screen? It is possiblke, that there is no more "hook" for displaying the bootscreen but here (@bios-mods) you can get several BIOSes with logo and unlocked features where you can add/replace the logo... Else I'm sure one of my colleages here may help you find everything for your complete satisfaction! Wink

Thank you for looking into this. I'm not sure if it is something hardware related, or if i'm just not doing something right. I've tried the unlocked 5.27 bios that was written up by The Wiz, but that does not show a bootsplash screen other than the diagnostic screen. I have done some looking for another bios, that would work, but am coming up short. Perhaps I am not using the correct search keywords. Could you suggest a better bios? Thanks in advance. BTW i do have another BIOS chip that I have successfully hotswapped to the bios currently in the machine incase of a bad flash.

Aaron