Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: need overclocking in P5GL-MX unlocked past 240 fsb as well as other stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello gurus!! hopefully u can help me and please if u can!! I need my bios unlocked and my overclocking unlocked past 240 fsb! I cant input anything higher than that and plus if u can so i can control my voltage for my cpu and go higher than 2.6 volts for my ram! If possible anyways... but main thing is to go past 240 fsb!! Ummm if u can and take the time please gurus would forever bow to u!! lol And if there is any hidden options in my bios please let me know! But if u guys can modd me one that will work that will be ausome and i will forever be a member! I attached my latest bios from the asus site from 2006, so it is very old and they wont make me a new one... Oh and 1 more thing my bios with 4 gigs of ram in it all same kingston ram only reads 2.688 mbs and not 4 gigs in bios.. I know its a limitation with my board for hardware reserves but anything u can do would be gratefull! But mainly and really the one thing i need done is able to go past 240 fsb and raise my v core manually and go above 2.6 volage for my ram! Thank u for taking the time to read my message and i hope to hear back from u gurus!!
no replys?? please gurus need your help!!
What CPU are you trying to overclock?
Do you have a multimeter to measure the DRAM voltage? There are a few options hidden but I can't tell whether they are going to change anything.
Oh ausome! Thank u for replying! i could get a multimeter to measure the dram voltage but i have never done it before but could try! I am overclocking the p4 630 hyperthreaded 3.2 ghzs processor. I sucessfully have overclocked to 3.84 ghz! My bios limits me from inputing a fsb over 240. Which is not very good and limits my cpu.. when i know i can go farther. I do have watercooling the new h70 so my cpu never goes above 45 degrees celcius at 100% usage playing black ops! even overclocked this much. So was hoping i could get that limit removed so i can input up to say 300 fsb at least. And any options that could be unlocked would be amazing since my bios is very limited in all aspects pretty much.

And the whole reason why i want to increase my dram voltage is because i have 4 sticks of 1gb ddr ram and with 2 sticks i can go to 1/1 ratio with 240 fsb! But unfortunatly with 4 sticks in i can only acheive 5/4 ratio with 240 fsb because windows freezes after about 10 to 15 minutes at 1/1 ratio! Everyone i have talked to says its because of ram voltages not being able to supply 240 fsb with 4 sticks but capable of supplying 2. So i need to increase my dram voltage but am limited in my bios to do so beyond 2.6 which is what my ram is rated for! Any help with this would be very appreciated! and thank u again for taking the time to help a newbie at bios editing out! thank u!! Bow.... lol
Watercooling is nice since these CPU are really hot. I think it's more about the memory timings. Download Memset and check memory timings with both 2 and 4 sticks and timings on Auto and set manually. And post the screenshots of the timings here. But the BIOS is to be updated too, don't worry. I'm just more about hardware and overclocking while BIOS mods support the first needs Smile

And by the way, what does "CPU Vcore Over Voltage Control" option do?
hey ill post back tommorow i gotta go to work right now but ill give u all the info u need talk to you tommorow thank u again!!
Check this one:
Can't say for sure will the DDR voltage options work (you have to check with a multimeter, I'll tell how). But everything else should work fine. Check the Jumperfree section.
(07-15-2011, 01:11 AM)Antinomy Wrote: [ -> ]Check this one:
Can't say for sure will the DDR voltage options work (you have to check with a multimeter, I'll tell how). But everything else should work fine. Check the Jumperfree section.

Ok first of all ausome Ship!!! Love u guys lol but i still need some help! Some of the options were a little buggy.... like the cpu vcore option only has a auto setting and no other setting to set my vcore too, just auto, so cant control my vcore! If u could get that one working that would be ausome. And i tried to use the ddr voltage option and tried higher and highest but i still got the windows freeze when i put a 1/1 ratio to my ram so dont know if it worked or not.... guess i have to buy a multimeter to check that one out. And one more thing is that there is a option called choose pci express in my jumper free config... which i have no idea what it does and has a date input beside it which is really wierd and wont change no matter what date i put in it. So not too sure about those options. My fsb option was unlocked perfectly which is ausome!! Can go to 400 fsb lol which is insane and it inputs correctly and works correctly with my 5/4 ratio and 1/1 ratio so that worked perfect! Thank u again for doing that for me! So far i was able to get to a solid 4.0 ghzs lol matched my name lol stable! but i still have to be in 5/4 ratio for my ram not to go over 216 mhzs, which sucks becuase i can go to 250 mhzs with only 2 sticks on ram. And i totally would stick with just 2 but games like starcraft 2 which i play alot use more than 2 gigs on extream settings!! And actually glitched alot when only 2 gigs are in.... some p4s actually run better with 4 sticks than 2, just not the overclocking aspect i guess. If u can think of a way to make my comp stable with overclocking 4 sticks that would be ausome! Thank u again my guru friend!!
Oh yeah and this one is off the top! lol If u can maby u can reallocate my cpus memory usage over the 4 gig line! So i can acutally use and access all 4 gigs of my ram! Right now i can only use 2.688, 3 gigs with out my graphics card but can never use 4 because of memory allocation and my 64 bit windows not being able to allocate it above. This is because of hardware reserves and i have not been sucessfull in unlocking the last gig of ram even tho i have 64 bit windows. But this one is just a shot in the sky u know... very unlikely that u guys can do something like that considering my address line is limited to 4 gigs... but thank u for taking the time again to read and help a noob at bios editing out!!! Dont know what i would have done without u guys!
I'm glad that at least one thing works. As for voltage - like I said, the voltage could change but it didn't change the stability issue. Download Memset and post a screenshot with timings with 2GB and 4GB.

Again - what does the CPU Vcore overvoltage do with Vcore voltage? The option should be one the bottom of the menu.
This give the Vcore and PCI-E left. Make a photo of what PCI-E freq option looks like.
k i will get a pic of memtest and get it for u with 2 and 4 gigs and the cpu vcore overvoltage has to do with the computer giving more voltage to the cpu when loads are on i think anyways thats what i have tried to figure out but i cant seem to see what it actually changes when enabled. ill get u some pics right now! post in just a bit!
Pages: 1 2 3 4