Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: phoenix/award BIOS unlock request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok , heres what i unlocked

Quick POST
DRAM Config (Memory Overclocking)
LTD + PCI Bus Control
Internal Video Mode
AGP Aperture Size
GFX Clock Mod
Async GFX Clk
MClk Spread Spectrum
Power Management - HDD Power Down , C2 Disable/Enable
Pnp/Pci Configuration

And A Few Others!!

Sadly , there werent any CPU Overclocking options in there

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/747181/eMachi...S-7184.bin

Flash at your own risk!

Regards
Admin
the ability to tighten up teh ram timings should help quite a bit

thanks for the service!

-Matt

should I use winflash to flash it, or should I wait til I have the money for a usb floppy drive and floppy disc?

also, did you see if my BIOS has the safety feature where it still allows booting even with a funky bios? I dont have an extra computer at teh moment, but at least my BIOS is socketed, so I could potentially drop it at a computer service place and have them flash my current BIOS on there
planning on trying the new BIOS in a few days, got a friend with a floppy drive/disc so wen shall see how it goes, thanks again
just wanted to update

Im on the new BIOS. unfortuanetly, there is a problem with teh BIOS and the motherboard conflicting. ram is of course stock at 200Mhz and 2.5 CAS I raised the speed to 216Mzh and raised teh CAT and a few other ram timings to 3, I can always use software to take note of all teh setting snad change them as necessary.

system refuses to boot unless I pull the battery. clearing the CMOS with a jumper apparently doesnt work on this board.

once I was back in business, I tried it again, this time I gave myself way more room with the timings same result.

I was able to utilize other various settings unlocked, so thanks again!!

-Matt

on another forum, someone mentioned of a way to force CPU clocking options but the system IC would need to be overridden

is this a possible arguement, or was this guy talking out of his backside? I know if voltage settio9ngs arent available, usually they arent on the board period, but I do know my processor, stock at 2.0 can hit 2.5 Ghz on stock voltage, and if you are lucky, 2.6

hmm, just spitballing I guess

anyways, thansk again
Quote:on another forum, someone mentioned of a way to force CPU clocking options but the system IC would need to be overridden

No idea what to do about that!

Sorry! - glad the other things worked out for you though Big Grin

Admin
alright, I have done a bunch of reading.
seems the only way to have OC options is to rip apart my cpu module and throw a retail copy in its place, in a manor of speaking

heres a link to the retail board's BIOS, and you guys have the link to my original bios
http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=downloaddetail&type=bios&maincat_no=1&prod_no=167

Id like some pointers, as I would like to learn to do this myself, but if you can do this, could you pelase walk me through the steps? the sites that I find go into detail are always for AMI bios's

thanks in advance
Oh Dear God!

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO THIS!

Merging the retail counterpart into the OEM version of the board has about a 5% success rate!

DO NOT CONTINUE WITH THIS - Just buy a new motherboard!

you have been warned! Tongue

Admin
Hi! Please, help me find my BIOS update: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG (05/15/2007-P4M890-8237-6A7L8J18C-00).

Thanks,
Marat
Pages: 1 2