Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Samsung Desktop DB-Z60/Q180 AHCI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi.

I want to enable AHCI on my computer.

So I tried SYMCMOS utility but after doing that the computer was not able to boot with the message "Operating System not found"Undecided.

Are there any ways to enable AHCI?

BIOS(Phoenix) Link : http://www.datafilehost.com/download-4af5e6f6.html
Version : 0GBX.5191.20110125.ATI
HI ,

i think the problem here in your OS as SYMCMOS has enabled the AHCI then your OS didn`t boot .
i think if you tried enabling the AHCI then installing the OS ( which supports AHCI like win. 7 but XP didn`t support it ) you will find it works well .

if i enabled or unlocked the option for you , it would be the same problem when you enable the AHCI .

anyway , try installing OS with the AHCI enabled and if this failed , i will unlock the option for you .
It's possible to force XP to use ahci. you just need to download correct ahci drivers for your chipset and force update the SATA driver with the ahci one ignoring warnings, then power off PC and on power on switch ahci on in bios.

I did with mine look Wink

[Image: ahcionxp.png]
NICE , i think you are right Smile .
i didn`t use win XP since 2 years Big Grin i used vista then win 7 but didn`t try anything with XP .
I know Win 7 works super fine, but i'm too lazy to update from XP Smile Next time my system crash will install Win7.
I'm using 5 OSes (windows xp x86/x64, vista x64, 7 x64, ubuntu 11.04 x64) and my main os is Windows 7 x64.

I tried to boot with my Windows 7 DVD (SATA ODD), but I got the same message.

If I enable AHCI using SYMCMOS, the computer tries to boot with Intel PXE ROM.

And my BIOS detects SATA Devices in AHCI mode, but not in the boot device priority.

If the hard disk is detected and BIOS loads the MBR, the computer must display the Windows Boot Manager.
I also edited the registry to enable AHCI,. But the Boot Manager was not displayed either.

Is it because there is no AHCI/RAID module in BIOS?

P.S. : Is it possible to add microcode(s) to upgrade my cpu to E6700(wolfdale)?
WELL , there is no RAID module in your bios file , there are only modules for PXE and VGA but no RAID module.

as the option is found but the module wasn`t found , i think CAMILOML can insert the RAID module into your bios and i can unlock the option .
Enable ahci and boot from a linux live CD

open terminal and paste the result of a lspci -nnvvxxx
I tried to boot with Ubuntu 11.04 live cd, but I got the same message.

I will try an IDE ODD and will post the result.
I've tried to boot with an IDE ODD, but I got the same message againHuh.

I attached the report of lspci in IDE mode.

P.S. : Please unlock all of options which can be unlockedBig Grin.

Pages: 1 2 3