Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Microcode update for HP XW4400?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I can help with microcode if only you can boot with new CPU.
(12-10-2018, 11:59 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]I can help with microcode if only you can boot with new CPU.

Thanks for your reply. I have read around that the "compatible" cpus should be Kentsfield, so I would go to X3230 if possible.

My patch already has microcode for Xeon X3230.
(12-11-2018, 07:03 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]My patch already has microcode for Xeon X3230.
Can you tell me the cpus of your patch, please?
Almost all 65nm CPUs for LGA775/771
jajajajaj xd ya lo solucione creo que solo hice una pregunta algo tonta xD eso pasa cuando no lees bien igual gracias por tu parche ya desaparecio lo del microcode update ya habias mencionado los pasos a seguir pero no entendia y despues de unos minutos lo entendi Tongue
(03-29-2016, 03:34 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: [ -> ]Download this file and extract all files into bootable USB stick with DOS.
Boot from USB stick with DOS and run FlashBin.exe. Make a foto with the result on the screen to post here.
Reboot and make BIOS backup by Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0. I need to see it.

thanks man! this is perfect
Hi DeathBringer!
Thanks for the work you've done!
I am very interested in where to get the original "786D BIOS Family Processor Microcode Update" (the link given by you unfortunately is no longer valid) in order to practice its modification yourself.
I would be very grateful if you share your experience.
Respectfully!
Thank you very much!
How is it here at the forum decided to thank for the benefit of the rating?
I will do it with pleasure!
It remains a mystery how you managed to match such different HP Compaq Business Desktop dx ... and HP xw4400 workstation?
Even google is silent about "786D ROM Family" and about "SoftPaq".
Do you have a description of the mechanism of operation (Flashbin.exe + patch.opt + * .bin)?
What is the difference between the flsh.cpu (from original sp51215 BIOS v2.07) and patch.opt programs?
The name U7d_0208.bin was not chosen by chance?
What tool was used to replace the micro codes in the U7d_0111.bin file?
Sincerely, and I hope for cooperation!
Pages: 1 2 3 4