Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Microcode update for HP XW4400?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm not a tutor.
Product: HP Xw4400 Base Model Workstation
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

Hello,
Can someone please help to find a new microcode update to support the new processor stepping? 
I did an upgrade to my processor from core 2 duo E6400 to a core 2 quad Q6600.
When I start the computer, I get the message:
"error 1801 - you need a new microcode update to support the new processor stepping".
I press the option to boot anyway, and after windows start, I found out that Windows 10 recognized the processor with the speed of 2400 MHz, but only with 2 core, not 4. (like the old one).
I installed the latest bios update that was on HP support site, but wasn't enough. The bios update was form 2010, and the processor is from 2007, that's way I was expected to be ok, but it wasn't. [Image: 1f642.png]
Thank you in advance for your help 

wert912003@yahoo.com
Download this file and extract all files into bootable USB stick with DOS.
Boot from USB stick with DOS and run FlashBin.exe. Make a foto with the result on the screen to post here.
Thank you for quick answer. I will follow you advise and came back with the results.
Hi,
Last night, I used your file that you give and today I open msconfig and let free windows to choose number of cores. After restart, according to task manager, everything is ok. I will put a print screen from task manager.
So, thank you very much. You make me a very happy person Smile
If you thing that is still need to load the files that you send specific to me, I will, but for now it's work fine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4