Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell XPS 15 (L501x) bios unlocking request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can someone have a look at this bios for me please?
Here is the link to the update package (A07).

Dell - Support

Thank you in advance.
I didn't unlocked BIOS A07 yet but I have unlocked BIOS A06. If you like this BIOS, I'll mod BIOS A07.

This is modified BIOS image for Dell XPS L501X. It is based on BIOS A06. Use at your own risk!
Dell XPS L501X A06 MOD.rar
(MD5: E63BBB0B50408476231FF4BE438114AE)
Some of the unlocked hidden Sub-Menu:-
  • CPU Control Sub-Menu
  • PCH Control Sub-Menu

Quote:NOTES: I have unlocked other menu as well. Please be careful with it. If your computer doesn't boot after changing something in the sub-menu, you will need to disconnect the CMOS/RTC battery to reset CMOS back to default. To do so, you will need to open your notebook casing.
Please make sure your notebook can recover corrupted BIOS with CRISIS disk before flashing BIOS with this modified BIOS image. I will not responsible for any problem. Good luck. Smile
Some overclocking options would be nice but I have to say: Cheers for the extra options Smile
Sorry, there are no overclocking options available. The extra options let you do some tweak & low level settings but they depend on the hardware compatibility/support though. Did you flashed the modified BIOS A06? Do you want me to proceed modding the BIOS A07?
(07-27-2011, 10:21 PM)kizwan Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, there are no overclocking options available. The extra options let you do some tweak & low level settings but they depend on the hardware compatibility/support though. Did you flashed the modified BIOS A06? Do you want me to proceed modding the BIOS A07?

Yep I'm using the modded A06; there's no need to modify A07,the changes between the two are slim so it's not worth the effort.

Thanks for the modded A06 Smile
OK. Glad to here you happy with the modded A06. Enjoy. Smile (This thread now moved to unlocked section.)
looking for power up option to dell xps 15 l502x and wanted to know if it exists in an unlocked bios. is there a link or a document i can review with a list of features available once the bios is unlocked?

thanks in advance.
How about A08? XPS L501X Bios A08 is out.
Is it possible to unlock A08 on XPS L501x???
Bumping for an unlocking additional menus request for the A08 bios on L501x.

I know how to change the voltages/clock speeds for the vbios, but I want to be able to change the vbios to a newer version/different card. Right now I am trying a 420m GT to a 525m GT (Both are GF108 cores so it should work), but I can't reintegrate the new vbios file. Its saying something like "module is 500 bytes too big".

Also, how do i know if this bios is uefi?
Pages: 1 2