Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Supported CPU List?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, can you check my bios and tell me which cpus are supported by my bios(attached)?

C2D E6700 B2
C2Q Q6600 B3
C2Q Q6600 G0
PDC E6700 R0

BIOS Vendor : Phoenix

(P5B-VM SE uses G965 and supports all of listed cpus; Link: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_S...M_SE/#CPUS)

(I changed my bios extension from .WPH to .RAR to upload)
No repliesSad?
(07-28-2011, 02:14 AM)bung Wrote: [ -> ]No repliesSad?

I'm having the same issue too. must be very busy. I'd do cpu upgrades myself but I wouldn't even know where to start.

where do i find the microcode for amd latest? whats AGESA? do I need it updated? probably, and how do I update that?

mines a phoenix award, unlike your plain phoenix

I'm confused.
(07-28-2011, 04:03 AM)stuntmaster Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm having the same issue too. must be very busy. I'd do cpu upgrades myself but I wouldn't even know where to start.

where do i find the microcode for amd latest? whats AGESA? do I need it updated? probably, and how do I update that?

I'm confused.

I think your bios is an award bios because phoenix bioses don't use name like that.

But I don't know how to mod bios to add cpu supportSad

I'm waiting for the answer.
(07-28-2011, 04:38 AM)bung Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-28-2011, 04:03 AM)stuntmaster Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm confused.

I think your bios is an award bios because phoenix bioses don't use name like that.

But I don't know how to mod bios to add cpu supportSad

I'm waiting for the answer.

theres two bioses.

Phoenix
and Phoenix Award.

Both by the same company. However vastly different.

hope we get our problems sorted.

No replies?

Is TheWiz busy now?
Sorry , we both have been extremely busy with things elsewhere (education / jobs etc)

Please may i ask what motherboard you have? or what make/model of machine? This is a phoenix bios but it doesnt look to be from a well known manufacturer??

The more information i have the more i can help Smile

Also , the Asus bios you provided a link to is no good to port microcode (For CPU Support) out of because they are different bios types (Yours is Phoenix , the Asus is AMI)

Be assured we are workin hard to catch up on all open requests!

Admin
Also , do you have an English version of this bios as i wont be able to do a lot with it. This is an english speaking forum and we can only mod bioses that we can understand!
Sorry, I'm Korean, and the computer is manufactured by samsung, model DB-Z60/Q180. The motherboard model is ZEUS-60.

Samsung offered me an unoffical bios (not available on their website) because my computer was even not able to be turned on with my new graphics card (ATI HD5450). So I contacted samsung, and they offered me a new bios (and they added support for VT-x). The version of new bios is 0GBX.5191.20110125.ATI.

I cannot get the English version of the bios due to above reason. But The bios perfectly supports English, but need to be set in the bios.

P.S. : I found a similar model which uses same bios (so same board) and its default cpu is Q6600. So I can know my bios supports Q6600, but can't know about stepping( B3 105W / G0 95W)
1234s282, can you just tell me does my bios support Q6600 (G0) or Q6600 (B3)?

If so maybe I will not need microcode updates because my bios supports the cpu that I want to upgrade toBig Grin.
(07-29-2011, 07:35 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry , we both have been extremely busy with things elsewhere (education / jobs etc)

Please may i ask what motherboard you have? or what make/model of machine? This is a phoenix bios but it doesnt look to be from a well known manufacturer??

The more information i have the more i can help Smile

Also , the Asus bios you provided a link to is no good to port microcode (For CPU Support) out of because they are different bios types (Yours is Phoenix , the Asus is AMI)

Be assured we are workin hard to catch up on all open requests!

Admin

if you say so Tongue

how easy hard is it to update the CPU code? I can do it but just don't know how?

All i want is to add phenom support to my foxconn, it uses an award-phoenix.
Pages: 1 2