Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: K8V SE Deluxe - Support for Mobile 3700+
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an Asus K8V SE Deluxe that I'd really like to be able to use my 3700+ Mobile chip in. With the first release BIOS no this board I was able to post and get into BIOS with the 3700+ but once you save or exit regardless of changes it woudn't post again until you reset CMOS. BIOS would detect chip at 800mhz and 1.1v (like CnQ) because its the mobile. I've since updated to the latest official and the latest BETA and now the board no longer recognizes the 3700+ at all. Surely just an AGESA code update would fix this?

I've included both the original release BIOS and the latest BETA provided by Asus. The beta BIOS is the 1008-004.
Thread moved.
Small update. I flashed with 1003 BIOS and am able to POST with the 3700+ again. This time I noticed if I don't change any settings in the BIOS and let it boot to Windows without restarting, it will boot and function just fine. Well, except that its stuck at 800Mhz and 1.1v Confused
This can be disregarded now. Wink I was able to get this CPU working by enabling CoolNQuiet. Without it its stuck at 800Mhz and you can't save any settings in the BIOS. With it enabled CnQ doesn't seem to function but the CPU operates at full speed.