Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Request on Compaq CQ60 210US Bios unlock ( unlocked bios in post num. 13 )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What is to be cheked in te flashtool? The modded bios is just havf the size of the original bios, is the mod the complete bios?
I figured it out, And have sucsessful flashed my bios.. but When i use AHCI or raid mode my bios hangs..
The bios hasn't got any raid or ahci module to make this option work .
It will make the notebook unbootable till you remove cmos battery to restore defaults .
(09-07-2011, 02:07 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]The bios hasn't got any raid or ahci module to make this option work .
It will make the notebook unbootable till you remove cmos battery to restore defaults .

But as Vengence915 say : AHCI IS SUPPORTED WITH MY COMPUTER AND WORKS NOW THANKS TO YOU Mr. AHMED!!!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!
So how can the modules be missing?

Regards
you can request it in the option rom section and they will try to insert the AHCI module into your bios .

(09-07-2011, 02:25 PM)Kim32 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2011, 02:07 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]The bios hasn't got any raid or ahci module to make this option work .

But as Vengence915 say : AHCI IS SUPPORTED WITH MY COMPUTER AND WORKS NOW THANKS TO YOU Mr. AHMED!!!! THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!
So how can the modules be missing?

yes , he said this but he sent me PM after that reporting its not working and notebook didn`t boot after adjusting it .
and i searched the bios module and didn`t find any raid or ahci modules.

Regards

yes , he said this but he sent me PM after that reporting its not working and notebook didn`t boot after adjusting it .
and i searched the bios module and didn`t find any raid or ahci modules.

There is no AHCI module. AHCI doesn't require ROM/firmware to work. I might know why windows unbootable after AHCI enabled. The BIOS might be missing AHCI INT13 support. I have no idea how to add missing interrupt code into BIOS, unless we have the BIOS source code.
(09-08-2011, 06:39 AM)kizwan Wrote: [ -> ]There is no AHCI module. AHCI doesn't require ROM/firmware to work. I might know why windows unbootable after AHCI enabled. The BIOS might be missing AHCI INT13 support. I have no idea how to add missing instruction code into BIOS, unless we have the BIOS source code.

Thanks

But i trid remove my hdd/sdd from my laptop, put it in AHCI NATIVE mode but post hangs even if there is no hdd there :S But if i Use AHCI Legacy mode the post work fine, but windows/linux hangs when is start to boot.. any idea?
So it will be hopless to get AHCi to work?
Hi Kim,

Please set "SATA0 Mode" to "AHCI" & then take a picture of the BIOS screen & post it here. Thank you.
(09-09-2011, 09:27 AM)kizwan Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Kim,

Please set "SATA0 Mode" to "AHCI" & then take a picture of the BIOS screen & post it here. Thank you.

Here is the picture

[attachment=2755]
Pages: 1 2 3 4