Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Acer Aspire 7540G { Unlocked BIOS in post #13 }
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi all,

I am new here and have been looking for a way to "unlock" parts of the bios for my beloved aspire 7540g, now i have been using it mainly for light gaming, but its not able to play games such as dirt 3 very well.
Now this is where ( Hopefuly ) You come in, is there or can you unlock(ed) the bios on my laptop?

I would like everything unlocked, as i would like to play with it now as its well out of its warranty perioid, and would love to overclock the cpu and gpu.

Current bios:
Phoenix Tech Ltd
V1.11
Date: 12/07/2009

System Info:

Amd Athlon II M300
4GB Ram
Windows 7
Ati 4570 Gfx With 512 Ram.

I would donate if it could be done.!!

Best of luck and thanks in advance.

xXTARZANXx

HI ,

your bios has the locked AMD menu which includes NB and SB options .

but , there is no frequency options in your bios .

i will unlock it and upload it here tomorrow .
Ok thank you,

Much appreciated.
Here is the modified bios file with unlocked the AMD tab which contains alot of sub-menus .

flASH it and i`m waiting your reply Smile
(08-08-2011, 04:31 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the modified bios file with unlocked the AMD tab which contains alot of sub-menus .

Hi cheers, what would be the safest way to flash the rom image?

(08-08-2011, 04:31 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]Here is the modified bios file with unlocked the AMD tab which contains alot of sub-menus .

I am having some odd issues:

I followed the guide found here:

http://www.bios-mods.com/biosupdate.html

renamed your custom bios image from .rom to .bin, made a bootable dos usb, input the commands and i get the following error:

[Image: img20110809133513.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Might i add i have, tried leaving the name BIOS.BIN and doing it that way also no luck same issue.
HI ,

when flashing acer bios from dos , you should use the PHLASH.EXE that comes with your original bios files .

here is the phlash16.exe and the crisis disk for your bios .

[attachment=2483]
here is the right modified bios image depending on the original bios .

flash it and i`m waiting your reply .

ONLY FLASH THE BIOS.WPH NOT BIOS.ROM .
(08-09-2011, 04:03 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]here is the right modified bios image depending on the original bios .

flash it and i`m waiting your reply .

ONLY FLASH THE BIOS.WPH NOT BIOS.ROM .

Ok just updated with the Bios.wph and my screen will not turn on now, this should be easily recoverable but how, where is |( if any ) the cmos battery ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4