Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Removed] HP dv7-3165dx whitelist removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
greetings i have an HP dv7-3165dx with bios F.13, i'm looking to replace the wifi card and need to have the whitelist removed.

here is a link to the bios on the HP website, any help is greatly appreciated.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47501-48000/sp47531.exe
You have 100% confirmed working in my shared folder, first HERE of my signature, look for sp47531 there.
Many thanks for the fast turn around I'll download it tomorrow and give it a go. I'll reply with the results.
(08-13-2011, 04:58 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]You have 100% confirmed working in my shared folder, first HERE of my signature, look for sp47531 there.

i went to your shared folder this morning and i looked for sp47531, the rest of the file states that it's for a "HP_dv6-21xxxx" and i'm concerned that this may be a bios for a different machine. is this indeed the case and i am not finding the one for my dv7-3165dx? i just want to be sure.

thanks
if it matches the spxxxxxx then it is same bios.
(08-17-2011, 09:04 AM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]if it matches the spxxxxxx then it is same bios.

thanks for the reply, i've downloaded it and will try it out when i go home for lunch, the wireless adapter arrived this morning.
thanks for the mod, it's up and running as expected.