Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [REQUEST] Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro v3515 BIOS Unlock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Greetings,
I own Amilo Pro v3515 and wanted to ask you whether the latest BIOS has any hidden settings or tweaks which I can use to make it recognize more than 2Gb RAM.
Motherboard is VN896 and CPU T2500.

In the process, I know that BIOS could be opened only through Phoenix Bios Editor.
About increasing RAM, I want to put one 2Gb and one 1Gb PC5300 667 Mhz DDR2 banks of the same brand, I could either go with Hynix or Nanya.

I have tried various methods of getting it to work, but no luck. At last I see BIOS mod as the last resort. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Smile
Hi there, do you know what bios manufacturer this rom is from?
It is from Phoenix. I am 100% positive. Thanks for the interest in my issue. Anything else I can provide to help resolve the problem?
(08-19-2011, 01:56 AM)thom_anderson Wrote: [ -> ]It is from Phoenix. I am 100% positive. Thanks for the interest in my issue. Anything else I can provide to help resolve the problem?

nope, just needed to know where to move this to, the Phoenix guru will help you shortly.
(08-18-2011, 02:33 PM)thom_anderson Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings,
I own Amilo Pro v3515 and wanted to ask you whether the latest BIOS has any hidden settings or tweaks which I can use to make it recognize more than 2Gb RAM.
What happen if you put T2500 in your notebook? Can your notebook boot with it? If the BIOS display error or warning message, there is possibility to fixed it. If the screen just blank, I'm afraid there is nothing we can do.
(08-18-2011, 02:33 PM)thom_anderson Wrote: [ -> ]In the process, I know that BIOS could be opened only through Phoenix Bios Editor.
About increasing RAM, I want to put one 2Gb and one 1Gb PC5300 667 Mhz DDR2 banks of the same brand, I could either go with Hynix or Nanya.
What happen if you put single 2GB module? Can your notebook boot into windows with it? This kind of mod might take a while. We will need to check chipset datasheet & do some research first. But honestly this is more on hardware limitation than BIOS.
Here is what I have.

Laptop works flawlessly with T2500, no problems with fan or RAM.

A single 2Gb works great, however on 3Gb it will not boot. BIOS sees 3Gb, reports that RAM passed, but no luck after that. Windows wants to boot up, but there is only a white tick blinking at the left top corner.
So far, I am pretty sure that VN896 should support 4Gb RAM in accordance with the datasheets. http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/chipse...ies/vn896/

I suspect that there is a BIOS limitation since MSI VR321 is running the same motherboard and is fine with 3Gb (learned from google search, do not know if it is real).

(08-19-2011, 10:05 AM)kizwan Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-18-2011, 02:33 PM)thom_anderson Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings,
What happen if you put T2500 in your notebook? Can your notebook boot with it? If the BIOS display error or warning message, there is possibility to fixed it. If the screen just blank, I'm afraid there is nothing we can do.
(08-18-2011, 02:33 PM)thom_anderson Wrote: [ -> ]In the process, I know that BIOS could be opened only through Phoenix Bios Editor.
What happen if you put single 2GB module? Can your notebook boot into windows with it? This kind of mod might take a while. We will need to check chipset datasheet & do some research first. But honestly this is more on hardware limitation than BIOS.

My system is able to boot with 2,5Gb on board (2Gb+521Mb). But still no luck with 3Gb or higher.
Using the Phoenix BIOS editor I found the following strings, which would be interesting to unlock or unhide:
AGP calibration
DDR Burst Length
DDR Cas Latency Control
PLL Delay Control
Select the Internal Frequency Multiplier of the CPU
Can you try boot with linux live CD (with 3GB RAM)? I'll unlock the options you want. The "Internal Frequency Multiplier" will only causing your notebook unbootable. I have make an extensive experiment with it before on several notebooks including with extreme edition processor. All of them unbootable after changing the value except with extreme edition processor. But even with extreme processor it only work for downclocking the speed.
I have zero experience with Linux Live CD. Could you point me at some direction? Is there is specific distro I should pick?
Unlocking those variables is not the most necessary part, all I am for is recognition of 3 or 4Gb RAM.
I will see how Linux turns out, and keep you informed.
You can use any distro, e.g. Ubuntu, Fedora, etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6