Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Test] Lenovo ThinkPad W510 1802/1804 Whitelist-Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
hi, i'm interested in using a killer 1103 wireless card in place of the installed intel 6300 one.

-Manufacturer: Lenovo
-Motherboard Model: Thinkpad W510 / 4389-2DG
-Bios revision: 6NET77WW (1.38)
-Bios download URL: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/...uj22us.exe

thnxs in advance

António.
I have modded your bios, find it following my signature directions Wink
1st, THANKS for your prompt and fast reply. running your patched installer doesn't work, as i get a msg saying 'BIOS image same as BIOS ROM. An update is not necessary at this time'. (i'm running 1.38 already)

Am i missing something obvious ?

Best Regards,

António.

(08-20-2011, 02:16 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]I have modded your bios, find it following my signature directions Wink

hmmm it have extracted the content in C:\DRIVERS\FLASH\6nuj22us

Edit Phlash.ini

Code:
[UI]
Confirmation=0
SaveEscdMode=1
DetectBitLocker=0
ForceUpdate=0

Try setting ForceUpdate=1 then launch WINUPTP.EXE
still doesn't work. exact same error. (i'm on Vista 7 Pro 64b)
(did 'PHLASH.INI' mod on the one inside '64bit' subdir).
full contents of it after the mode bellow

Code:
[Main]
RetryCount=3
UpdateMode=0
FormatVersion=2
UpdateFlags=20
UserFlags=20
UserMask=d121a4
PSIFlags=1
UserMode=ffffffff
BackupFile=FLASHABL.bak
ImageFile=FLASHABL.ROM

[UI]
Confirmation=0
ForceUpdate=1
SaveEscdMode=1
DetectBitLocker=0
;SaveEscdMode=1
;SaveUefiVarVolMode=1
;SaveSetupVarVolMode=1

All the best,

António

(08-20-2011, 03:37 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]hmmm it have extracted the content in C:\DRIVERS\FLASH\6nuj22us

Edit Phlash.ini

Code:
[UI]
Confirmation=0
SaveEscdMode=1
DetectBitLocker=0
ForceUpdate=0

Try setting ForceUpdate=1 then launch WINUPTP.EXE

Vale, pues ahora modifica el fichero que te he dicho Smile

el que esta en la ruta que te he puesto C:\DRIVERS\FLASH\6nuj22us no el del directorio 64Bit.
still confused, way confused; _that_ location would only maters if i tell installer to unpack in default place. anyway in C:\DRIVERS\FLASH\6nuj22us there is no PHLASH.INI file to modify afaict (that's why above i modded the one in the 64bit subdir.).
fwiw putting what you said to in a newly created C:\DRIVERS\FLASH\6nuj22us\PHLASH.INI still has no effect, as i get exact same error.

Thanks for your patience,

(08-20-2011, 04:43 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]Vale, pues ahora modifica el fichero que te he dicho Smile

el que esta en la ruta que te he puesto C:\DRIVERS\FLASH\6nuj22us no el del directorio 64Bit.

ok, the plot now thickens...

if i open/extract the exe you provided with winar at 1st there is there in fact a PHLASH.INI file. mess is that it looks corrupted... (ends with"LOADDRIVER_DENY=ȨÏÞ²»¹»£¬ÇEÔadministratorÔËÐУ¡" )
so, when i mod it as you say, i get error as before and... it, as well a bunch of other files just vanish.

Hope this helps,

All the best,

(08-20-2011, 04:54 PM)doniphon Wrote: [ -> ]still confused, way confused; _that_ location would only maters if i tell installer to unpack in default place. anyway in C:\DRIVERS\FLASH\6nuj22us there is no PHLASH.INI file to modify afaict (that's why above i modded the one in the 64bit subdir.).
fwiw putting what you said to in a newly created C:\DRIVERS\FLASH\6nuj22us\PHLASH.INI still has no effect, as i get exact same error.

Thanks for your patience,

(08-20-2011, 04:43 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]Vale, pues ahora modifica el fichero que te he dicho Smile

http://www.mediafire.com/?0g6v4to8qls6n

Replace this file where you extracted content and run it again.
replace what exactly. patched installer looks exactly the same as before. there's now there a WINUPTP.rar that i don't know/am sure if was there before. is that one u want me the replace the one in the instaler ?

ALl the best,

(08-20-2011, 05:34 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.mediafire.com/?0g6v4to8qls6n

Replace this file where you extracted content and run it again.

unpack the modded bios again, then unpack this last RAR over the installer and replace WINUPTP.EXE file, then run it
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5