Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Is it possible to add AHCI in CQ50 101LA?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i have a compaq CQ50 and i wanted to enable AHCI but didnt find an option in BIOS, i was wondering if that option is just hidden or there is none.
Here's the BIOS,
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45070.exe

Thanks in advance
(08-27-2011, 01:55 AM)naragorn Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, i have a compaq CQ50 and i wanted to enable AHCI but didnt find an option in BIOS, i was wondering if that option is just hidden or there is none.
Here's the BIOS,
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45070.exe

Thanks in advance

or better yet, is it possible to use this bios http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Re...ios-unlock on my laptop (CQ50 101LA)??
So i went ahead and flashed my laptop with that unlocked bios from http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Re...ios-unlock

and it went without a problem. But then i enabled ahci and thought that it had worked, but it didnt as soon as i try to install windows or run a ubuntu livecd it freezes, what could be the problem?
Which Windows OS you tried? If Windows 7, installation should be successful. If not, this means chipset on your notebook is implemented in a way AHCI is not possible/available. For example, ICH7M chipset (Intel 945PM/GM), AHCI won't be available on all implementation/configuration. This is hardware limitation & there is no fix for this.
ive tried winxp and backtrack and ubuntu livecd, its weird because my dvd unit has a sata interface and should not work or should it?
I opened the bios with PBE and didnd find and tried to find an optiom rom but didnt find one, can you please tell me if the bios has an option rom for the sata controller?
Even though HDD connected to SATA controller, it doesn't mean AHCI will automatically available. It depend on chipset/SATA controller implementation.