Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Here we go again: How to remove Computrace from a BIOS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently received a Laptop from my dad, who doesn't know any thing about computers

i was going through the BIOS settings because I wanted to install a fersh copy of win 7 & get back the 20 gig's Dell took from me for their recovery tools that never work any ways

as i was going through the BIOS, i noticed something fishy: Computrace, so I googled it

Now I want to remove it... lol

IDK how to use a HEX editor & don't want to F up my brand new laptop, so if any one can remove this for me, that would be the most legit & savage thing in the world!

My BIOS version is A05, and there's no option for a BIOS without it or a newer version, so I need to learn how to flash the same version (modded) without getting that stupid error

Another ishy thing is that there is no ROM version of the install, or I just don't know where to go to get one, so here's the .exe installer:
Code:
ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/bios/M5030A05.EXE

i hope some one can help me!! and if you do: do you want like $5 from paypal? lol i give you something little for you help, it's all i got