Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: GA-8I945PM Overclocking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys,

I've been looking to overclock my E6700 processor. But it seems I do not have this option in my BIOS settings. This is the only site I could find who could actually help me out. This is the information of my MOBO and bios:

BIOS Type: Award
BIOS Date: November 24th 2006
BIOS ID: 11/24/2006-i945P-6A79TG09C-00-None
BIOS OEM: Intel I945P BIOS for 8I945PM V2q NF5 - V2q
Chipset: Intel 2770 rev 129
SuperIO: Unknown
Manufacturer: Packard Bell BV
Motherboard: GA-8I945PM

I've contacted Packard Bell and asked them for assistance but it seems they have no clue what I was talking about. I've attached a backup of my bios. And again the only thing I want is to be able to overclock. I also tried all CTRL combinations to "unlock" some hidden options, what that did not work either.

I would appreciate any help I could get. If it's eventually not possible could anybody then recommend a good motherboard that could allow to overclock the CPU I have ( Intel® Core™2 CPU 6700 @ 2.66GHz).

Thanks in advance,
kemicza
I've been looking in the tutorial section and I've tried to enable any hidden settings with the tool called MODBIN6. I've enabled some stuff but one thing is not showing up in the bios even though it is visually enabled in MODBIN6. It's a tab called Maintenance.

I also use the tool @BIOS to rewrite the new bin, and it works perfectly within Windows 7 without booting into DOS or anything. So any idea how to actually unlock this Maintenance window?

Thanks in advance,
kemicza
I finally managed to do some overclocking. Not by editing the bios but by using a program called SetFSB. Obviously my board is not supported by I tried all the Clock Generators one by one and eventually the ICS951461BGLF seems to work up to around 3000MHz. I'm sure I could overclock it more, because the temperature is still relatively low around 28-31 Degrees.

I suppose the reason I can't go further is because there's not enough voltage? Could anybody help me with this, or perhaps find a way to unlock the bios settings regarding current/voltage.

Any help would be much appreciated