Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Need bios, but not unlocked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I really need the .WPH or .ROM extracted from this .exe to recovery my bios from a bad flash, but all i can find is a nap5.27 (Napa-GL8E bios rev. 5.27), Is that the bios, and i just need to rename it? if so, what do i rename it to? ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/...p44647.exe
start the installer but dont let it flash the bios, go to here;

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\pftB2A7.tmp

and you will see whats extracted from the exe
(09-07-2011, 11:28 AM)toshiba Wrote: [ -> ]start the installer but dont let it flash the bios, go to here;

C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\pftB2A7.tmp

and you will see whats extracted from the exe

I used uniextract, does the same thing, it just extracts the exe to a directory of your choice, was nap5.27 the file i needed?
(09-07-2011, 12:50 PM)whoareyou Wrote: [ -> ]I used uniextract, does the same thing, it just extracts the exe to a directory of your choice, was nap5.27 the file i needed?

yes, its the only file thats not a document, application or dll file
Ok, so, i tried the WINCRIS.exe method (Dont have a floppy disk/drive) and it wont do anything with my flash drive...and i tried it with a DVD and it reads the dvd and makes a buzzing sound, but thats it, i let it sit allllll night and still no luck....
its an HP Pavilion a6600f also, if i try win+B at boot, it dosent load the DVD... (yes i put the nap5.27 on the dvd and renamed it BIOS.WPH) also, it will make the buzzing sound if i click either enter key ;-)
this a dead pc?, if so how do you know iyts the bios?.

(09-08-2011, 12:21 PM)toshiba Wrote: [ -> ]this a dead pc?, if so how do you know iyts the bios?.

Yes, I know because i was flashing a Windows 7 compatibility BIOS update, because my PC was running XP and i wanted 7, but it wouldnt boot, so i fllashed, but it failed in the middle, and never booted since, it gives me a beep code of "BEEEEEEEEP-BEEPBEEP (that dash means it happend imediatly after, and very fastly), after 5 seconds or so BEEEP BEEEP, and again BEEP BEEP" and it never ends, so i assume it has to be because of the fail flash, also, i did clear the CMOS
Sooo? Any news on how to fix?
(09-09-2011, 12:19 PM)whoareyou Wrote: [ -> ]Sooo? Any news on how to fix?

http://bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/

try all the various methods listed there.
(09-09-2011, 12:47 PM)toshiba Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2011, 12:19 PM)whoareyou Wrote: [ -> ]Sooo? Any news on how to fix?

http://bios-mods.com/bios-recovery/

try all the various methods listed there.

Does the Phoenix Recovery work with DVD-RW? I Dont have a Floppy Drive (Built in or USB) or any Floppy Disks...
Pages: 1 2