Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Test] HP Pavilion DV7t-4100 CTO Advanced Menu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Model : HP Pavilion dv7t-4100 CTO
Bios Type : Insyde
Bios Revision : F.23 (11-25-10)
Bios Link : ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp50501-51000/sp50942.exe

I'm looking for someone who can help me out with getting access to my advanced menu. I need it so I can disable hybrid graphics which prevents me from easily installing any updated graphics drivers for my dedicated ATi card. Also wouldn't mind being able to change some other settings found in the advanced menu but getting rid of hybrid graphics is the most important issue right now.
Please post screenshots of the original bios setup.
(09-08-2011, 02:28 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]Please post screenshots of the original bios setup.

Ok here are the screenshots.

[Image: securityy.th.jpg][Image: diagnostics.th.jpg][Image: systemconfiguration.th.jpg][Image: exith.th.jpg]
Uploading now test file for you, locate in second HERE of my signature. The only trick i think will help was what i have done, remove "Diagnostics" and "Security" menus and tried replacing them by "Advanced" and "Power". I wait your news Wink
(09-09-2011, 02:08 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]Uploading now test file for you, locate in second HERE of my signature. The only trick i think will help was what i have done, remove "Diagnostics" and "Security" menus and tried replacing them by "Advanced" and "Power". I wait your news Wink

It works and boots but I find no Display Mode option under Video Settings in the Advanced menu so I still cannot turn off hybrid graphics. It should have three options for Display Mode which are iGPU, dGPU, and hybrid. Everything else is there and I can actually set up RAID now for my two 500gb drives.
I will look if that option is there but still hidden.
(09-09-2011, 04:59 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]I will look if that option is there but still hidden.

Ok thank you.
Uploading now V2 with that option hopefully unlocked. Test and tell me.
(09-09-2011, 05:30 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]Uploading now V2 with that option hopefully unlocked. Test and tell me.

Found it in system configuration. However when I try to change it to dGPU and hit F10 to save changes it never reboots and it simply freezes. Only a power down or CTRL+ALT+DEL corrects it and once back in the bios its setting still remains at hybrid so the settings are not committed. It freezes even if I don't change anything when I hit save.
That option is hidden by checking to values in nvram, so if is hidden then there must be a reason. Maybe it's not possible to change the behaviour on your hardware.
Pages: 1 2