Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Confirmed] Lenovo Y570 V2.06
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Link to BIOS from Lenovo:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jy4c46gm2x49zi6

[Image: 98x7jp.jpg]
[Image: 2zsv60w.jpg]
[Image: 34ebwv8.jpg]
[Image: 28wl7b.jpg]
[Image: ilbzbc.jpg]

I also have a bin file backup of my BIOS in the attachment area, it does not load fully in ezH2O.

I would like the Advanced Menus as well as to enable AES-NI, as it came disabled from the factory. Lenovo did a [censored] job on this laptop.
Wow! This bios has plenty options not to bore playing with them in a long time Smile Lucky you.

Find unlocked bios reading my signature Wink It has your name on it, and come back to tell me results and post new screenshots Smile
Thank you, I will test right away.

EDIT: For some reason Norton AV calls it a virus? I will disable NAV and give it another go.

EDIT 2: It says same version bios and will not flash. Sad
It's just an autoextractable winrar exe, it's safe don't worry and trash norton AV Smile
Thank you for your help, can I manually flash the BIOS .bin via DOS as the win64 flasher is not allowing me to over write same version.

EDIT:
Downloaded another flasher that disregards versions and flashed but did not unlock menus, no noticeable change. Thanks for the time and effort, it seems like you are on the right path because you can see the options.
Heart

I downgraded to 2.03 OEM bios, then used your bios again to do a full upgrade flash and viola I have an unlocked bios. I still cannot find the option for AES-NI though. Sad

Posts to follow with screen shots, I wish I had a VGA capture device.

Your work is ingenious. I will donate as soon as I have $$.
(09-21-2011, 04:23 PM)WildBill83 Wrote: [ -> ]Heart

I downgraded to 2.03 OEM bios, then used your bios again to do a full upgrade flash and viola I have an unlocked bios. I still cannot find the option for AES-NI though. Sad

hello, thanks for having me in this forum. i agree. worked like a charm on my machine - no need to downgrade though. however it doesn't seem to take care of the !@#$&!* whitelist issue not allowing me to install my new dual band network card :-( is there anything that can be done about that?
cheers
nologo
(09-21-2011, 05:58 PM)nologo123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-21-2011, 04:23 PM)WildBill83 Wrote: [ -> ]Heart

hello, thanks for having me in this forum. i agree. worked like a charm on my machine - no need to downgrade though. however it doesn't seem to take care of the !@#$&!* whitelist issue not allowing me to install my new dual band network card :-( is there anything that can be done about that?
cheers
nologo
White list request is another part of the forum, you would have to have white list removed first and then unlocked per forum rules.

cheers
nologo
[/quote]
White list request is another part of the forum, you would have to have white list removed first and then unlocked per forum rules.

[/quote]
alright alright alright alright - just read it. sorrySad

no worries! once I find my phone I will be posting updated photos.
Pages: 1 2