Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Odd one for Asus K5KPL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Hello,

After a good couple of days of self taught overclocking basics there is a serious problem with overclocking the Asus K5KPL board in the dram frequencies. As in the options I have available are 667/800/1066 Mhz. However these appear to be labelled wrongly and should infact be labelled as ratios - the values are correct at default clock but raising the FSB (from 266) raises these drams.

Although my RAM is 800Mhz spec, when overclocked even selecting the 667mhz option it is still the limiting factor leaving my q6600 at 344fsb begging to be pushed harder. Is there any bios flash that would unlock lower dram frequencies such as 533mhz?

(For clarity it would now be running at 344/266 = 1.293 factor
stated dram = 667 * factor = 862.5Mhz while only specified for 800) - which is why the AI overclock profile will not budge past 5% (800 * 1.05 giving 840 and the only frequency this RAM will work at)

Or any other workarounds known for the K5KPL would be greatly appreciated - I know it's not made for overclocking but I'm cheap and working with what I have.