Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ASUS P8B WS BIOS 0704 SLIC 2.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Big Grin

Here is an original BIOS ver. 0704 with inserted ASUS SLIC 2.1 marker;

Works fine for me, have fun Wink

P.S: RAR archive was splited into 2 parts due to forum limitation to file size (2MB), so you have to download both attached files .

Here is available a new version of BIOS: http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-AS...-BIOS-Mods
hi eshield,

I am going to buy asus P8B M motherboard, and would like to inserted ASUS SLIC 2.1 marker too. Can you tell me how to do this since P8B M is very similar to your motherboard ? Thanks.

(09-27-2011, 07:36 PM)lingxuzi Wrote: [ -> ]hi eshield,

I am going to buy asus P8B M motherboard, and would like to inserted ASUS SLIC 2.1 marker too. Can you tell me how to do this since P8B M is very similar to your motherboard ? Thanks.
Hello,
I've took a look on P8BM motherboard. It has a 64MBit UEFI BIOS (32MBit on P8B WS). Seems like a phoenixtool can handle this bios (unlike an Aptio MMTool which is just crash on bios load);

There is no guarantee that phoenixtool can properly insert a slic market into this bios. Do you really want to try insert a slic marker into the bios?

Here are the steps "how to deal with an UEFI BIOS":
1. Download latest RW-Everything;
2. Download latest phoenixtool;
3. Download and flash the bios you want to mod (read: insert the marker);
4. Install and launch RW-Everything;
5. Open "ACPI tables" and save them all (CTRL+F2?) to a file;
6. Run phoenixtool, open the bios file (P8B-M-ASUS-0701.rom?). Wait till tool finishes;
7. Set manufacturer to ASUS;
8. Set SLIC/SLP edits to according files (there is a button on the very right side);
9. Set RW edit to a file which you've created in step 5;
10. Press "GO" and wait till the very end;

That's all. The bios file with a slic marker inside it is ready to be flashed;

But I warn you again "You're taking responsibility for a possible damaging of your MoBo". If you're not sure about it then don't do it;
(09-29-2011, 02:18 AM)eshield Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2011, 07:36 PM)lingxuzi Wrote: [ -> ]hi eshield,

Hello,
I've took a look on P8BM motherboard. It has a 64MBit UEFI BIOS (32MBit on P8B WS). Seems like a phoenixtool can handle this bios (unlike an Aptio MMTool which is just crash on bios load);

There is no guarantee that phoenixtool can properly insert a slic market into this bios. Do you really want to try insert a slic marker into the bios?

Here are the steps "how to deal with an UEFI BIOS":
1. Download latest RW-Everything;
2. Download latest phoenixtool;
3. Download and flash the bios you want to mod (read: insert the marker);
4. Install and launch RW-Everything;
5. Open "ACPI tables" and save them all (CTRL+F2?) to a file;
6. Run phoenixtool, open the bios file (P8B-M-ASUS-0701.rom?). Wait till tool finishes;
7. Set manufacturer to ASUS;
8. Set SLIC/SLP edits to according files (there is a button on the very right side);
9. Set RW edit to a file which you've created in step 5;
10. Press "GO" and wait till the very end;

That's all. The bios file with a slic marker inside it is ready to be flashed;

But I warn you again "You're taking responsibility for a possible damaging of your MoBo". If you're not sure about it then don't do it;

Thank you very much.