Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Help With Acer BIOS Configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello i have an issue regarding my acer aspire 5532 laptop/notebook. I have to set up my computer to boot to cd-rom upon startup, in order for me to view a cd for an employer, and upon going into my bios-boot priority order, i moved the cd rom to the first position, and the hardrive to the second position, and saved the new setting, but still the computer will not boot to the cd upon start up.

I was told to contact acer, but i get the run around on this as well as a fee request from their support in order for them to configure it. I do not want to do that, is there a simple explanation for this problem? Thank You
the cd/dvd will only boot if its a bootable cd/dvd is it?
(09-18-2011, 10:13 PM)toshiba Wrote: [ -> ]the cd/dvd will only boot if its a bootable cd/dvd is it?

Hello. Thank you for the response. Well it is called a Workbooth 3.3, and the employer has told me that it should view once the bios is set to run boot the cd rom upon startup. I did that, yet still cannot view the cd.
try booting from a windows dvd to check that its not just a dodgy cd you have.