Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Dell N7010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
So, any luck with figuring out our issue?
the problem is that the exe file holds checksum for the BIOS and once the modified BIOS is integrated , it can`t be flashed due checksum error ........ the modified module have corrected checksum while the module which holds the BIOS version and other information don`t have the same checksum and affects the whole BIOS checksum sothat it can`t be flashed .
i have tried several ways to fix this but the only solution is just using another flash utility till it works .
I see. So what we need to work on is a way to disable the version check in winphlash..... time to google. I'll let you know if i have any progress.
HA!!!! I figured it out!!!

If you use my download below you will be able to roll your N7010 back to the Stock A07 BIOS, and the forward to AHMED's modded A11!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?x73olatke5h3a4m

Instructions included in the .zip

Enjoy!!!

Texan, please let me know if this works for you!
So now that I have the re-flash figured out, is there a page inside of this BIOS is caters more to Overclocking CPU / GPU / RAM? This is my beater laptop, so I don't mind pushing it hard just to see what it can do. The INTEL tab that you unlocked has some nice features, but not everything I'm looking for.
It would be horribly nice to be able to swap the i5 in my machine with a slightly faster one or maybe even a lower-end i7.
[Sorry for bumping, but the thread seemed like this situation since the tylon1022's fix's link was down and he unfortunately didn't explain what he did Sad , so I decided to help Big Grin)

Thanks AHMED HOSSAM Smile I used your BIOS.wph along with a phlash16.exe file I found on the internet to successfully flash my bios over to your modded one (when I used the one you packaged, it resulted in a "Flash Driver Interface Too Big" error, not sure why though)! Works perfectly! If anyone needs the specific one I used, here you go (not taking credit for it though) http://www.mediafire.com/download/t5aww0...LASH16.EXE
I didn't have to roll back to A07 even though I had A11 already installed Smile by using the instructions posted here (Thanks again AHMED HOSSAM!).

TL;DR:
Follow Ahmed's instructions above (download his package and everything) BUT instead of using his packaged phlash16.exe, use the one in the first link. Then download his N7010.rar file on the first page of this thread and take only the BIOS1.wph. Rename it to BIOS.wph and then put it on your DOS flashdrive that you created with HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool along with the phlash16.exe file. Then restart and boot into the flashdrive (you should see the Windows 98 splash screen for a split second, and then a commandline). I typed in (no brackets though) [phlash16 /s /x /force bios.wph] (although the end part was likely unnecessary).

Also note: I believe the the linked phlash16.exe might be a newer version or maybe a version better suited to Dell computers (not sure though). Use it if you get a "Flash Driver Interface Too Big" error.

That ends my rant (sorry if it was kinda long, just wanted to be detailed in case anyone else had this problem and couldn't figure out how to install this AWESOME bios mod Big Grin)
In the THIRD post of this thread, there is a modified bios for N7010.

I have used this mod successfully. There are more version of this bios posted throughout this thread. What are the difference other then adding the Intel tab?
(02-04-2012, 06:25 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]the problem is that the exe file holds checksum for the BIOS and once the modified BIOS is integrated , it can`t be flashed due checksum error ........ the modified module have corrected checksum while the module which holds the BIOS version and other information don`t have the same checksum and affects the whole BIOS checksum sothat it can`t be flashed .
i have tried several ways to fix this but the only solution is just using another flash utility till it works .

I'm just curious, will this allow the use of an i7-740qm? the processor is compatible with the intel chipset the board is running, and the socket; but, the stock bios is locked to dual core chips and that one is quad core.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5