Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Phoenix Bios Unlock Request Packard Bell LX86
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
you should try installing the new extreme cpu then see if the notebook will boot or not .
if the notebook boots normally , the cpu will work perfectly and its supported .
if the notebook display message about the cpu in post , the bios needs microcode for it and it can be done .
if the notebook didn`t boot ( black screen ) then the cpu is not supported .

also , i guess the setting for extreme cpu will not work unless you have extreme cpu .
just try installing the new cpu then see the result .
It worked well. i7 940xm is supported.

Thanks Smile
you are welcome Smile
Hi there,

just found this thread and downloaded the modified BIOS. How can I flash it? If I use the winphlash version brought with it, it just closes. Trying a newer Version of Winphlash64 (1.0.76.0, because I have Win7 64 and it was mentioned that it worked with a newer version) just brings me the following error: "BIOS update failed! Image verification failed. Required device or platform function is not present. Error code: -142". In DOS mode it also doesn't work, it freezes after loading the .wph.

Background information:
Since I bought this f*ck of a notebook, I get several BSOD with error code referring to CPU (I found out with MS debugging tools). It was returned to PB twice and they said they couldn't reproduce the problem. That's hilarious because actually I'm getting this BSOD more than twice a day, no matter what I'm doing and no matter if the NB is running on batteries or plugged.
So I got new hope when I found this unlocked BIOS because of the ability to set a higher core voltage.

Can anybody help PLEASE?

Greetings from Germany! Smile
I solved it myself by running it from a Vista Live-CD. Works fine Smile

Now which setting increases vcore?
Hello,

VCore Settings and Multiplier etc. is only accessable by installing a i7 Extreme CPU.
No way to bypass either. But to be honest, I don't think VCore is your problem.

Your Problem indeed could be a software related problem though, since PB didn't find any errors. (could also be a lack of support quality)
Try to run a clean install of Windows (included Drivers) and see if anything changes.

Also check your Temps by running CPUIDHardwareMonitor.

Hydrayo

Hey, thanks for the reply, I ran clean install more than twice and everytime I got the NB back from PB-support, there was a clean install on it. That didn't fix the problem. Even if I made no changes to software and settings, no USB device, nothing --> I got BSOD with the same code. Angry Temps are OK.

Any clue?
Hello,

You should have 2x 2GB RAM in your RAM Slots, I had in my LX86
I had some stability problems with these RAM's.
Could you try to always let one of them run, or completely replace them if you have any on stock, if that isn't the case:

Replace one, if bluescreen arrives, take next one.

If it doesn't work reply, it might your harddrive.
I don't think your CPU went dead, cooling on LX86 is quite decent.

Smile
---------
Hydrayo
RAM was the first I tested, I even replaced them with the Corsairs from my old NB, but the problem was still there.

When I read out the minidump, it always(!) says that it's the CPU:

Quote:STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: hardware

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE

Followup: MachineOwner

Second thing I tried was to improve the cooling, so I put Arctic Silver instead of this pad on the CPU - no success. This thing is driving me crazy!
Hello,

This error:

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE

indeed is a processor malfunction. It can be also caused by software.

Try to:

1) Run Safe Mode, and see if it BSOD's there. Load Safe Mode without any drivers.
If it doesn't BSOD, we have a software error here.
2) Try to disable (HT), (VT-d). And run your System on (1) Core, (2) Cores. Each one in a single step.

Could you post your complete minidump, aswell as your LX86 Specs?

Thanks

---------
Hydrayo
Pages: 1 2 3 4