Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Alienware M11x R1 BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hello, I was hoping to find out if it is possible to unlock CAS7 support in the M11X R1 bios. Now that we have pinmods to allow for better cpu overclocking on this system we are limited by the lack of support for anything higher than CAS6 memory. If that isn't possible could someone check to see if a a 333mhz overclock mode could be unlocked?

Thanks in advance for any assistance Smile

Here is a link to the stock bios.
Thanks for your request .
i have some questions for you :-

1) Do you see both ADVANCED and POWER tabs in the setup utility !

2) if you see the ADVANCED tab ........ can you see the option called OVERCLOCK ( enable - disable ) !

-- Also , you have got the INTEL hidden tab which contains alot of options about the CPU , ICH , MCH .........etc .
i will unlock this for you too after replying to my questions .
(09-25-2011, 08:06 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for your request .
i have some questions for you :-

1) Do you see both ADVANCED and POWER tabs in the setup utility !

2) if you see the ADVANCED tab ........ can you see the option called OVERCLOCK ( enable - disable ) !

-- Also , you have got the INTEL hidden tab which contains alot of options about the CPU , ICH , MCH .........etc .
i will unlock this for you too after replying to my questions .

Thank you for the reply! Here are the answers to the questions you posted. If you need anything else to help with this please let me know.

1) There are tabs for Advanced and Power
2) In the advanced tab there is an option for Overclock Enable/Disable

Nice to hear that .
i will unlock the new INTEL tab and alot of options and sub menus then upload it tomorrow to test .
(09-25-2011, 09:07 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to hear that .
i will unlock the new INTEL tab and alot of options and sub menus then upload it tomorrow to test .

Sounds great! Thanks for the help.

i need more time as i found that all hidden menus are not linked to any options .
it will take alot of time and effort to link all options to the correct menus and add the new tab to the setup module .
please be patient , i need just couple of days Smile
(09-26-2011, 04:40 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]i need more time as i found that all hidden menus are not linked to any options .
it will take alot of time and effort to link all options to the correct menus and add the new tab to the setup module .
please be patient , i need just couple of days Smile

Ok, no rush. I was wondering, were any hidden memory ratio settings that you have come across in the BIOS? Thanks again!

Just the frequency ratio option is found but i guess it will be working only for downclocking and in all notebooks i have unlocked , no one has reported that frequency ratio option is working for higher multipliers .
other options are for themal management and fan and c states ..... etc .
No worries! Anything that you can unlock will be greatly appreciated!
can you open the bios file using phoenix bios editor then tell me the options you need to unlock as i found alot of options and can`t unlock all of them because of the lack of free space in the module .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5