Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Toshiba Satellite A105-S2236
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello again to the BIOS gurus here @BIOS-Mods. I'm hoping that someone here can possibly unlock the attached bios file. This old notebook just doesn't want to cooperate with me. It is constantly overheating. (Yes, I've cleaned the unit and PROPERLY re-applied thermal paste to both the CPU and GPU) A re-format from the original recovery disk has also been done (Vista Home BasicSad ) It seems like the more I read about toshiba laptops, the more I find out about their overheating issues. I am hopeful that someone can edit this bios to allow for some acpi fan control. If not.....this thing is a bullet catcher. Thank in advance guys/gals.

Aaron

[attachment=2822]
Hi,

Turning up the FAN speed is not the right way for dealing overheating. May I know what brand of the thermal paste have you tried & currently use. I know Arctic MX-4 perform poorly on notebook computer. BTW, which is overheating, the CPU or GPU or both? I recommend getting Shin-Etsu or ICD7 or AS5 thermal paste. ICD7 required under pressure (heatsink pressing on the CPU) to perform best. Shin-Etsu thermal paste is the best of three. I have use it on my laptop. My laptop use to overheating with CPU temperature up to 100C but now max temperature is 74C. If GPU is overheating, the heatsink probably doesn't properly touch the GPU chip. See if there is a gap between the heatsink & GPU chip. If there is a gap, you'll need to put a copper plate between the heatsink & GPU chip. This process is called "copper shims". You can find copper shims on ebay.

I have gone through this many time. I also already re-applied thermal paste many time but it doesn't help at all. I got it fixed when I found the right thermal paste for my notebook.
Kizwan, I am not certain as to the brand of the thermal paste as I got it @ the local radio shack store. I am pretty certain that it is the GPU that is overheating. so, I'll start there.....also with the copper shims. Thank you for your reply. Aaron
FIXED IT!!! I figured if it wanted to run hot.....I just took out the battery and plugged it in, and saw how long it could stay on when on the grill. even gave it a coating of BBQ sauce! Aaron