Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: How to correctly request a combination of SLIC 2.1 and unlocked menus all in one BIOS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I'm new here Smile

Came across this awesome forum and have already spent an hour or two browsing it. I'd like to make a request but have a question first...I have a Compaq CQ60-210EG (Phoenix BIOS) and it's already modded to include a SLIC 2.1 table, since I'm running Windows 7 Professional w/ SP1 on my baby.

I'd really love to get the option to choose between IDE and AHCI unlocked and I see that unlocked (and confirmed working) BIOSes are already available for the CQ60. However, I'd like to keep the SLIC 2.1 at the same time, so the "plain" unlocked BIOS isn't really an option for me. Is it possible to combine both these types of mods, and how do I go about correctly making a request for such?

Thanks a bunch Smile
Hmm...*bump*?
sorry for the late reply as we are busy here .

you can upload the slic2.1 bios and i will modify it for unlocking menus .
great, ty Smile I hope I can find where I downloaded it from again...or is there a way to read out the BIOS from the flash chip and save it? From what I understand, a backup made that way can't be flashed back, is that correct?
Never mind , you can only upload the rw report .
Thanks again Smile actually...I tried AHCI mode on my desktop PC and didn't like it...it enabled the 'safely remove hardware' icon and I didn't want it. Plus, the performance really was no different Undecided so I guess it's not worth it on my laptop. I just need to replace the harddisk with a faster one Big Grin
Thx anyway Blush