Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Sony Vaio VPCF12M1EH Advanced Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I need to enable all "advanced" and "chipset" menu options for my Sony Vaio VPCF12M1EH. It has an AMI APTIO bios, which needs AMIBCP 4 and new MMTOOL. I think they are available now on internet.

The ROM can be downloaded from here.

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks.
(10-07-2011, 02:52 PM)ertanden Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I need to enable all "advanced" and "chipset" menu options for my Sony Vaio VPCF12M1EH. It has an AMI APTIO bios, which needs AMIBCP 4 and new MMTOOL. I think they are available now on internet.

The ROM can be downloaded from here.

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks.

I can easily help with modding ROM file. But I am not sure how to install it.
There are couple ways:
1. Install previous one BIOS (I can give it to you) and then install newer again but with changed edited ROM file (instead of original). Good but it is Windows BIOS update which is more risky. Double flash is double risky.
2. Install edited BIOS using bat file without WBFlash help which checks if this is a same version of BIOS which already exists or not. Who knows, maybe Wbflash is little bit important.
3. Try to do it through DOS enviroment. But it will update only BIOS without 128KB EC (ROM) file. Who knows. Maybe they must be installed both.

So what? Do you want to take risks? It is easy work so I will not mess up your BIOS. BUT who knows about AMI tool. And flashing BIOS is always risky.

Do you want to unhide ALL settings? Can I ask why?
(10-11-2011, 05:09 PM)James D Wrote: [ -> ]I can easily help with modding ROM file. But I am not sure how to install it.
There are couple ways:
1. Install previous one BIOS (I can give it to you) and then install newer again but with changed edited ROM file (instead of original). Good but it is Windows BIOS update which is more risky. Double flash is double risky.
2. Install edited BIOS using bat file without WBFlash help which checks if this is a same version of BIOS which already exists or not. Who knows, maybe Wbflash is little bit important.
3. Try to do it through DOS enviroment. But it will update only BIOS without 128KB EC (ROM) file. Who knows. Maybe they must be installed both.

So what? Do you want to take risks? It is easy work so I will not mess up your BIOS. BUT who knows about AMI tool. And flashing BIOS is always risky.

Do you want to unhide ALL settings? Can I ask why?

Thanks for the reply.

Actually the best thing would be if you can describe me how to modify the ROM file with the AMI tools. I would greatly appreciate it.

I have opened the ROM file with AMIBCP but the Advanced and Chipset menus already seem like enabled, but they are not displayed when I enter BIOS.

I need the options so that I can try a few things with Mac Os X installation. Currently the internal display is not recognized by Mac Os X.
You should change Access/Use tables from default to USER.
If you want to unlock any option then you should unlock all menus above including parent menus too (Advanced and Chipset).

BUT DO NOT CHANGE ANY OTHER VALUES IN AMIBCP! Only ACESS/USE! If you change smth else and do smth wrong then resetting CMOS will not help because you changed default values which always will be loaded at default.

I flashed my BIOS on F12 twice. Once all was fine except not all settings were unlocked because I forgot to unlock main menus Access/Use while after I edited second time... I changed Hyper-Threading value from enable to disable. Now my laptop is bricked. I only hope that putting in non-HT CPU will help but I doubt. Because even laptops with non HT CPU still have that HT setting enabled.

Anyway. After you edit BIOS you should use button save instead of save as.

The use 7-zip to take all files from that official BIOS exe file. then change UpdTW.bat file using Notepad.
"taskkill /F /IM TjAppManager.exe /T

afuwin.exe R1120Y6.ROM /p /n /d26"

then put final rom file instead of default one and doubleclick bat file. Wait while it flash BIOS and reboot.

Don't forget to tell me how is it going and send me your e-mail in PM so we could talk better way.
(10-25-2011, 02:02 PM)James D Wrote: [ -> ]You should change Access/Use tables from default to USER.
If you want to unlock any option then you should unlock all menus above including parent menus too (Advanced and Chipset).

Thanks for the reply. But I did what you suggested (set the access/use to USER for the options and all of the parent menus) and flashed the new ROM with the help of UpdTW.bat script (changing the ROM file name with the new one).

Unfortunatelly, none of the options are unhidden. I can see that the new ROM is flashed correctly because I had changed the default value of VT to enabled. And it's correctly set.

You also should try to change access settings on NO-Named menus. They are usually 1 string higher before everything it access as I believe. I think it is the reason. But also I repeat that all parent menus means not all 6 menus where there are green and white lines but I mean parent menu then lower parent string then even lower one and then the lowest which is what you want to unlock.

Example: to unlock processor power limit you should unlock processor power limit, then perhaps noname string which is next above string intelligent power sharing then unlock intelligent power sharing in thermal config folder then unlock thermal config string in advanced folder and perhaps noname string above some PCI subsystems then unlock advanced parent menu.

Note that mine noname string is called 0094 and I wrote perhaps because at first you should check if all string are really unlocked.

P.S. Didn't I tell you not to change any default settings? Of course it is your laptop and VT is safe to change BUT STILL you can brick laptop using wrong values like I did.
(10-28-2011, 05:54 PM)James D Wrote: [ -> ]You also should try to change access settings on NO-Named menus. They are usually 1 string higher before everything it access as I believe. I think it is the reason. But also I repeat that all parent menus means not all 6 menus where there are green and white lines but I mean parent menu then lower parent string then even lower one and then the lowest which is what you want to unlock.

Example: to unlock processor power limit you should unlock processor power limit, then perhaps noname string which is next above string intelligent power sharing then unlock intelligent power sharing in thermal config folder then unlock thermal config string in advanced folder and perhaps noname string above some PCI subsystems then unlock advanced parent menu.

Note that mine noname string is called 0094 and I wrote perhaps because at first you should check if all string are really unlocked.

P.S. Didn't I tell you not to change any default settings? Of course it is your laptop and VT is safe to change BUT STILL you can brick laptop using wrong values like I did.

Unfortunately it's not working for me. I set nearly everything to USER (including the no-name strings and all parents), but no extra menus are unhidden.

Were you able to realy unhide some menu items?

(10-30-2011, 01:04 PM)ertanden Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately it's not working for me. I set nearly everything to USER (including the no-name strings and all parents), but no extra menus are unhidden.

Were you able to realy unhide some menu items?

I was able to unhide only Fast boot option and show rom info in already unlocked menu BOOT.
Were you able to do this?

Give me a link on depositfiles.com or elsewhere where I can download your modded BIOS rom file.
(10-30-2011, 01:11 PM)James D Wrote: [ -> ]I was able to unhide only Fast boot option and show rom info in already unlocked menu BOOT.
Were you able to do this?

Give me a link on depositfiles.com or elsewhere where I can download your modded BIOS rom file.

Actually I didn't try to unhide options under already unlocked menus.

This is the my modded BIOS: R1120Y6-mod.ROM
I have just asked about this 1 guy. But looks like Sony BIOS is too conspired.
Pages: 1 2