Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: MCP61PM-GM UNLOCK ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello everyone i have a eMachines ET1161-05 computer which ofcourse being oem it is bios locked ,and i want to know if i can overclock.

i tryed to overclock using software (cpufsb) but i need the pll and i cannot locate the pll on this ECS MCP61PM-GM motherboard.

here are my specs:

Processor
AMD Athlon 64 LE-1620 (2.4ghz) i want to overclock this cpu to atleast 3ghz
Socket-AM2
Technology-90nm
Core Voltage-1.248 V

Motherboard
ECS MCP61PM-GM 2.2
Chipset: Nvidia MCP61 REV.A3
Southbridge: Nvidia MCP61 REV.A2
LPCIO: ITE

Bios
Phoenix Technologies, LTD
Version: 6.00 PG
Date: 10/29/2008

if you need anymore info just tell me and i will do my best to get it, i really want to overclock this pc since i cannot buy another processor right now , i am willing to use software if bios unlocking is not possible,the only thing is that i cannot find the pll, but any help is appreciated.

please provide the bios download link so that i can check it for you .
also , in most of notebooks bioses which i have found frequency ratio option and unlocked it ......... i found it not working except for extreme cpus or special cpus no more .
it will be useless option and only lead your notebook to not boot properly if you adjusted it .

you can download your mother board specs and check for the pll type .
okay i will provide a download link to my bios tomorrow around 3pm EST, because it is currently 12am Est and i have class tomorrow.
oh and my computer is actually a desktop , you should look up the computer name on google images to see what i mean.
(10-13-2011, 06:20 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]please provide the bios download link so that i can check it for you .
also , in most of notebooks bioses which i have found frequency ratio option and unlocked it ......... i found it not working except for extreme cpus or special cpus no more .
it will be useless option and only lead your notebook to not boot properly if you adjusted it .

you can download your mother board specs and check for the pll type .

Okay > here < is the link to my bios , i used the universal bios backup that you reccomended so this should be a valid backup.

well , universal bios backup bios file is valid in special cases but in fact any backup file doesn`t contain the platform information and can`t be correctly flashed after modifications .
also , if you tried to flash this file ( the original file you posted ) it will not be flashed because of the platform information .
i just need the original bios from the manufacturer website .
(10-14-2011, 06:27 AM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]well , universal bios backup bios file is valid in special cases but in fact any backup file doesn`t contain the platform information and can`t be correctly flashed after modifications .
also , if you tried to flash this file ( the original file you posted ) it will not be flashed because of the platform information .
i just need the original bios from the manufacturer website .

okay > heres < the link to the page . just click on the BIOS tab and the original bios download is there.
Thank you , i will modify it and upload it here soon .
(10-14-2011, 03:41 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you , i will modify it and upload it here soon .

no thank you i really needed an unlocked bios so i can overclock my cpu , nowadays a single core cpu doesnt make the cut for multitasking , but a little overclock might help my performance till i get a new pc.
(10-14-2011, 03:41 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you , i will modify it and upload it here soon .

not to bug ahmed , but its been over a week and you still havnt gotten me that bios , i dont mean to be rude in anyway , you might be busy but it really has been over a week . Sad
Yes you are right and I'm sorry for this .
I have been very busy in my study the last 2 weeks till now .
I have scheduled all requests to my holiday as i will be free this time to mod all requests
Pages: 1 2