Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Nettle2 ECS MCP61M-HM with Phoenix ver 5.18 USB Boot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if this is the right place for this but it was my best guess:

Nettle2 ECS MCP61M-HM with Phoenix ver 5.18

I can boot from USB *if* the system is monitored and has keyboard, mouse and monitor. Then I can get the boot menu and select the USB. This works fine.

However, there seems to be no USB boot option in the BIOS and what I want to do is boot from a USB when the sytem is headless. So, automatically.

Any words of wisdom?
Please provide a link to the BIOS download, you can find this on the manufacturers website.

Thanks.
(10-21-2011, 01:12 AM)toshiba Wrote: [ -> ]Please provide a link to the BIOS download, you can find this on the manufacturers website.

Thanks.

I don't know where to download the BIOS. I have read that it's not on the HP web site. (The mobo is an HP model).
try making a backup of your own bios;

http://urlisdown.org/Tools/SLIC_Dump_Too...itV2.0.rar
(10-21-2011, 01:58 AM)toshiba Wrote: [ -> ]try making a backup of your own bios;

http://urlisdown.org/Tools/SLIC_Dump_Too...itV2.0.rar

Do you have a better link? urlsdown.org doesn't yield the expected unles "urlsdown" is telling! I tried the name and BIOS Backup Toolkitv2.0 seems to be not available on any of the sites I tried.

Thank you so much for the help!!
Hi Fred3 ,

First , we can`t modify boot priority or add new devices to boot here ............... but we can find and unlock any hidden option ( i can find usb boot option if its existed ) .
Also , the backup file can`t be flashed after modifications as its missing the platform information from it .

Thank you
OK - thanks.

I've decided then to just use this computer as-is and do what I need some other way, on another computer perhaps.

thanks!
We have several different versions of this BIOS already modded around here, you can just have a look. In your position I would prefer the biosstar or the unlocked acer version. These two were able to boot my Acer E380 (MCP61PM-AM) and my HP-board (MCP61PM-HM) via USB-Stick per default and so I think yours will also do... Good luck so far!