Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Request: Gigabyte EX38-DQ6 OROM Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.
Gigabyte EX38-Dq6 Option Rom Mod Request.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Could you mod the attached bios F4d to the latest Intel OROM version. South Bridge is Intel ICH9R.
Maybe 10.6.x.x
If possible mod for JMicron and Realtek too.
Thanks again.

http://oldforum.gigabyte.de/forumdownloa...X38DQ6.zip
Intel Matrix RAID 10.6.0
JMicron 1.07.28
Realtek PXE 2.41

Untested
Thanks a lot Dansolo.
Unfortunately this modded BIOS bricked my motherboard. It wouldn't boot and I only see black screen.
Fortunately it has a dual BIOS. I went the hard way shortening the main bios pins in order to recover from backup BIOS.
Maybe the size of the Intel OROM 10.6 which is bigger than the one in the original BIOS, is the reason the motherboard wouldn't boot.
I saw this in CBROM using /D switch.
I supposed there might be problems flashing with this BIOS, but preferred to take the risk because of the multiple BSODs I had with my Agility 3 SSD.
Anyone knows which older version of Intel OROM surely works with this board?
Thanks.
Hmm, 10.6 is supposed to be compatible with ICH9. I have plenty of other versions that you can try... I can just give you versions with 8.7, 8.9.1, 9.6 and 10.1 and you can try them if you want.

Bad luck lately, it seems...
(10-27-2011, 08:04 AM)Dansolo Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, 10.6 is supposed to be compatible with ICH9.

Yes, so I thought. I don't know why this happened. I've read that some people had problems with raid not being recognized etc. but for me the motherboard didn't boot at all.
Does anyone have an idea what's up.
Thanks.
http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/im...020657.htm
At this link there is information regarding supported IntelĀ® chipsets and IntelĀ® RAID controller hubs.
Dansolo can you mod the bios with 9.6 and 10.1. I may try them.