Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: ASRock AOD 790GX AHCI ROM update request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The option ROM for my ASROCK AOD 790GX has an outdated AHCI controller, v1.75. I need to update the AHCI controller to a newer version, v3.0. The latest BIOS update does not update AHCI controller unfortunately.

This topic in the Corsair forums has some instructions towards the bottom. However, it requires that I have my BIOS most recent .rom file. I have not been able to find a copy of BIOS .rom file however, nor do I know how to extract it from either the Windows or DOS installers available on the ASRock website here.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!
(10-21-2011, 08:25 PM)morph89 Wrote: [ -> ]The option ROM for my ASROCK AOD 790GX has an outdated AHCI controller, v1.75. I need to update the AHCI controller to a newer version, v3.0. The latest BIOS update does not update AHCI controller unfortunately.

This topic in the Corsair forums has some instructions towards the bottom. However, it requires that I have my BIOS most recent .rom file. I have not been able to find a copy of BIOS .rom file however, nor do I know how to extract it from either the Windows or DOS installers available on the ASRock website here.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

You'll have to dump the bios yourself. You can use the afudos with the /O switch (afudos /O AOD790GX1.90) to extrack your current bios. Post it afterwards. FYI the latest AMD AHCI option rom is 3.0.C.5.