Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: unlock bios with ahci for dv pavilion dv6512ef
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi.
i have an Hp pavilion DV6512ef it's bios
bios is ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52001-52500/sp52477.exe
AMD Athlon ™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile Technology TK-53 1.7Ghz
can any body unlock hidden menu bios and add AHCI .
now i'm trying doing this job (using tool ) but still without sucess.if solve the problem i'll inform u.
Thanks for the request, I shall have a look and get back to you shortly.
After i have extracted the bios files from the exe , i found 2 bios files and there names was the same as bios files in this thread :-

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-HP...ck-request

i have modified both files in this thread and you should knew the right one for your notebook and flash it .
thanks for the quick reply ;
successful ,i updated my bios successfully like explained in this thread (_JP_);
I opened C:\SwSetup\SP52477\SWinFlash\ and there was the BIOS.WPH file. Then I compared it to the two .WPH files of the folder in the directory above and the winner was the 30CFF34B.WPH file. Then I went to the folder where I kept your modded BIOS files and took the 30CFF34A.WPH, renamed it to BIOS.WPH, moved it to the SWinFlash folder (replacing the BIOS.WPH file that was there) and completed the flash.
note: in my dvpavilion 6512ef i updated my bios with 30CFF34A.WPH, not 30CFF34B.WPH modded bios
thanks 4 u AHMED and thanks also for _JP_