Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: [Unlocked, CL50145A] Acer Aspire 7720G
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I hate graveyard shifts!

Flashed the new version without a single problem and the Advanced menu is indeed enabled!
There are some really interesting things here, like the CPU C-States, Dynamic FSB switching, but no sign of Speedstep. Is there anything else hidden? Wink

[attachment=3001][attachment=3002][attachment=3003]
EIST is now unlocked (Enhanced Intel Speedstep Technology) so it can be enabled or disbled via software (i guess).

And i guess with Dynamic FSB switching off and C-States off speedstep is disabled.
I cannot see the menu on the bottom of the advanced menu that let you change trip points for fan and for throttle. It should be visible, but it seems to be out of the screen below the ACPI options Smile Try going down the acpi options, does it scroll or hide the cursor? If so hit enter there and you should enter Termal trip points sub menu.
Yes, I can scroll down with no problems, the same effect happens with the new options listed in the Main screen, there are too many to fit in there. Thermal trip points have two options: Fan On which is set at 70 C, and Throttle On which is set to 85 C. I don't really understand these. So that's it, no more options hidden?
no, no more options hidden Smile
Thank you man, I really appreciate your work!
Thanks for confirming,

Moved to unlocked /mod
(11-04-2011, 03:29 PM)camiloml Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, tomorrow we will know if it works as expected Wink

Thank you for the great job on this acer7720g bios mod.
Donation sent to help support the Forum. SmileSmileSmile
Hello guys,

Thanks very much for acer 7720g bios mod... I recently god an Intel T9400 is it possible to edit the bios so it's recognizable like cpu microcode etc...

My regards,
Ribben
hello camiloml
very useful peace of work! i own also an Acer Aspire 7720G based on a unmodded 1.45 acer bios and i have got following questions to you
1. did you resolved the bios modding successfully ?
1.1 if yes, do you need any input about the notebook configuration from me?
1.2 if yes, how can i get a clean version of it?
2. is there any bios lock for compatible graphic cards? inside the notebook is the 8600m gt with 512mb vram
2.1 if yes, is it possible to unlock them?
2.2 if yes, what will be the procedure for that?
3. is it possible to manage more than 4gb ram with the modded bios?
thank you for your support
with best regards jay
Why did the bunny cross the road? Because it was the chicken’s day off. Happy Easter 2013!
Hello,
I would like to try unlocking my BIOS too, but the download link doesn't work...
Also I would like to know if this might brick my bios and make my notebook unusable. -_-'
Thanks in advance! Smile

Actually, sorry about that... I found where the files are now and I flashed my bios. Everything works fine! Big Grin
Thanks a lot for making this possible! ^^
Pages: 1 2 3