Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP HDX 16 - Intel T9900
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

as you can see, it's my first post here and I hope that somebody can help me with my problem. Blush
I've got a HP HDX 1060eg with an Intel P8400 processor (2.26GHz, Socket P (478), 25W). Now I've bought the Intel T9900 (3.06GHz, Socket P (478), 35W). But my problem is that after the installation of the new CPU my display remains black. I switched the laptop on and the fans and the hard drive began working, but the display was still black, like the notebook was switched off. After some seconds the laptop did a reboot, but after it it had the still the same problems. Meanwhile the CD drive lamp was blinking red. I tried it many times, but I always had the same problem.
In the HDX 16 manual I read that the fastest supported processor is not the T9900, but the T9800. And if you compare them, there are no big differences, so I don't understand why it isn't supported.
Maybe some of you can help me by supporting this CPU.
I don't know whether you need this information, but here are some more detailled facts about my system:
Mainboard: Quanta 361B 15.2D
BIOS: InsydeH2O by HP; Version: F.32
And the mainboard isn't broken for sure, because at the moment I'm posting this with the described laptop, but with my old processor in it.
Here's the link to the latest BIOS version http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-78776-1&cc=us&destPage=siteHome&dlc=en&lc=en&os=2100&product=3816524&sw_lang=&tool=

Thanks for your answers,
Yannick

P.S. I hope you can all understand my English Wink
(11-14-2011, 04:34 PM)yannick_b Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

as you can see, it's my first post here and I hope that somebody can help me with my problem. Blush
I've got a HP HDX 1060eg with an Intel P8400 processor (2.26GHz, Socket P (478), 25W). Now I've bought the Intel T9900 (3.06GHz, Socket P (478), 35W). But my problem is that after the installation of the new CPU my display remains black. I switched the laptop on and the fans and the hard drive began working, but the display was still black, like the notebook was switched off. After some seconds the laptop did a reboot, but after it it had the still the same problems. Meanwhile the CD drive lamp was blinking red. I tried it many times, but I always had the same problem.
In the HDX 16 manual I read that the fastest supported processor is not the T9900, but the T9800. And if you compare them, there are no big differences, so I don't understand why it isn't supported.
Maybe some of you can help me by supporting this CPU.
I don't know whether you need this information, but here are some more detailled facts about my system:
Mainboard: Quanta 361B 15.2D
BIOS: InsydeH2O by HP; Version: F.32
And the mainboard isn't broken for sure, because at the moment I'm posting this with the described laptop, but with my old processor in it.
Here's the link to the latest BIOS version http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-78776-1&cc=us&destPage=siteHome&dlc=en&lc=en&os=2100&product=3816524&sw_lang=&tool=

Thanks for your answers,
Yannick

P.S. I hope you can all understand my English Wink

Try this upgrade http://www.sendspace.com/file/a48dtt to F.34 BIOS HDX 18 is the same as the HDX 16 im running the X9100 Extreme CPU and 8GB ram with no problems in my Hdx 16 then try your T9990