Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Promise SATA300 TX4302 Bios Patch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, I need help with this PCI card. It hangs during boot, and my keyboard/mouse doesn't respond, even I cannot enter to my mobo bios setup. It detects my sata HDD and then hangs, when the HDD is disconnected the bios post says: no device... bios not installed..
I think the only solution is to patch the bios to fix this bug, my motherboard is an EPOX 9NDA3+. Also, it couldn't work with AMD cpus, because I installed in an Intel based pc, and it boots normally. Promise doesn't support this card anymore.

Any help is welcome!!
Thanks!!
(11-15-2011, 10:17 AM)Axl16 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone, I need help with this PCI card. It hangs during boot, and my keyboard/mouse doesn't respond, even I cannot enter to my mobo bios setup. It detects my sata HDD and then hangs, when the HDD is disconnected the bios post says: no device... bios not installed..
I think the only solution is to patch the bios to fix this bug, my motherboard is an EPOX 9NDA3+. Also, it couldn't work with AMD cpus, because I installed in an Intel based pc, and it boots normally. Promise doesn't support this card anymore.

Any help is welcome!!
Thanks!!

Hi everyone, finally I get this card working!!
No Promise support, a legacy product. No problem!!
This is for every user that had boot and hang problems with this card!!
After THOUSANDS of test/fail experiments finally discover the boot hang cause. Is the USB MEMORY setting in the bios setup!!
Just only set to SHADOWED instead BASE MEMORY, and uaaawalla!!
The card now works like a charm!!
This problem begins with the default bios settings, many motherboard bioses have this set to "Base Memory", so you need to change it manually.
Thanks, your atention was appreciated!!