Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: HP/Compaq A8N-LA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please i would like this bios unlocked if there hasnt been one done already, if so i would like a like plz.

Compaq SR1903WM
MB: Asus A8N-LA
BIOS: v3.11
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softw...pv-43507-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&os=228&product=1843642

I run this system with Opteron 165 with Vista x64 Ultimate Gamer Edition, 4x256mb DDR400, Nvidia 9400gt 1gb on 400w. I would love to sqeeze the last few drops of performance out of my old rig before i move onto an AMD dragon platform rig im wanting to build. Ntune was the only thing i could overclock with and that just isnt cutting it anymore.

My Ntune results:
CPU: Opteron 165 dual core 2.25 Ghz (250x9) (1.8 Ghz stock)
Ram: DDR 415 2.5, 3,3,6 (DDR 400 3,3,3,8 stock)
GPU: 700 core, 450 mem, 1800 shader (550, 400, 1400 stock)

Not bad but this system near its performance limit now and an unlocked bios would do the trick. If this one has already been unlock a link would be appreciated. Thanx in advance.
Nothing to unlock Sad sorry!

admin
(09-09-2009, 06:34 AM)1234s282 Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing to unlock Sad sorry!

admin

guess thats it for this system
(ok so I posted in the wrong section I was busy at the time)
how possible is it to get or make an unlocked BIOS for the A8N-LA?

I see that the HP A8AE-LE has been unlocked; so then I dont see a reason why the A8N-LA can not be unlocked. also I do have access to both of these motherboards; but I do not want to modify the other one. I just would like to run BOINC SETI a bit faster on the A8N-LA pc. I am using the Nvidia control panel to overclock the sempron 3200+ to 2ghz but that is only giving a small performance increase. I believe that it could run at 2.2ghz or a bit faster.
Hello,

I have this old motherboard (ASUS A8N-LA) with the latest BIOS 3.11 - I know this motherboard supports RAID but it will not let me access it in the BIOS interface to enable it. Is it possible to modify the BIOS so that I can see it and access this option? The reason I'm trying to enable RAID is in the hopes that I will get SATA II speed from my SSD drive. Currently, I'm only getting SATA I speed when I know that this board is SATA II compatible. Attached is the latest BIOS rom file.

More information about this motherboard: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00647121

Thanks!
Can anyone offer some advice? I would really appreciate it.