Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Request for Unlocked GatewayNV5929u BIOS (V1.26) for more video memory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello

Can I request a bios mod for the Gateway NV59 V1.26 bios? I want to get more graphics memory out of my system and run some games better. Thanks!
Please provide a link to the BIOS download, you can find this on the manufacturers website.

Thanks.
*bump*

any progress so far?
*bump*

I am also interested in this. The NV59 is upgradeable to 8GB DDR3. I'd love to have 1GB dedicated to graphics.
Here is your unlocked BIOS with the unlocked INTEL tab :-

http://www.mediafire.com/?cmi73fjcrawjktj

try it and i`m waiting your reply Smile
Have you tried the modified BIOS !! Please leave us a feedback .
I have tried this modified Bios and it worked succesfully on a NV59. However, I was looking for Advanced menu : I'm trying to control my Ram timings and was unable to find this in the unlocked Intel menu?
I have unlocked all hidden options in the BIOS , and all overclocking or timing options didn`t work on notebooks due to hardware limitation in addition to that the BIOS hasn`t got any timing options .

Thank you,
Ahmed

Thanks for confirming,

Moved to unlocked /mod
Thanks Ahmed for your hard work. I have a NN5909h and i tried the modified bios on it and it works fine. I am actually installing a second HDD using a HHD Caddy for the optical drive bay. Before this mod whenever i inserted the HDD with the caddy it just got stuck at the phoenix logo and won't boot. Now i can boot fine using the primary HDD. However in BIOS -Boot menu i still don't see the secondary HDD which in the Caddy. It still shows as IDE CD/DVD ROM. In the information panel in the BIOS i can see the seconday HDD listed but doesnt show in the Boot panel as well as when i try to dual boot I only see my primary HDD.

Is it possible to fix this? Thanks!!!
Pages: 1 2