Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Unlock Request for HP Pavilion dv9335nr Notebook PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thanks for confirming,

Moved to unlocked /mod
Hi everyone,

sorry for digging up the old thread but I thought it is better to ask here.
I am interested in unlocking IDE/AHCI settings in this bios. I tried the available bios file but it unlocks only the thermal options. Is there a chance to unlock IDE options?
My laptop is DV6130US if that matters but it has the same bios version [30BBF2E].

Perhaps there are older unlocked versions available?

Thank you.
I, too, am curious is it possible to get AHCI? Currently the drivers I have installed shows ATA in device manager and I don't see an option for AHCI in bios.
I just wanted to update that the Setup Defaults F9 doesn't work for the Main options on this modded bios. I did F9 (for Bios Default Setting) and it rebooted itself with default setting changes to Main option.

Also I don't notice any difference in the setting options in Main for CPU fan even with DTS CALIBRATION enabled or disabled.

DV9000 DV6000 are notorious for overheating. The fix for it is to have copper shims so that the heat sink makes contact with CPU and GPU.

Another way to counter the overheating is to increase internal fan speed by modifying the DSDT table. This is through Windows OS. If you like to know how just hit me up. This will keep yours running cool. I done this in Vista, Win7/8/8.1.

I see there is a Thermal Offset in the modded bios that has a sub setting for AHCI Configuration but that's for thermal control but would love to know if there is one that offers AHCI mode just like the guy previously above requested.

I appreciate the effort on the modded bios.
Pages: 1 2