Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: Packard Bell iPower IP GX M, unlock hidden menus and ESCD reset option
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi to all,

I am having hard time with the new motherboard that i bought. The motherboard that i bought is from a different laptop but since ti had the same layout and it was compatible i bought it so i moved from a Gateway p-6860 to Packard Bell iPower IP GX M(the same as Gateway p-79xx). Because it was pulled out of a different system that was working now im getting these stupid errors.

Resource Conflict - PCI Serial Bus on Motherboard Bus:
Bus:0D, Device:06, Function:00

Resource Conflict - PCI on Motherboard Bus:
Bus:0D, Device:06, Function:02

Resource Conflict - PCI on Motherboard Bus:
Bus:0D, Device:06, Function:03

Gentoo and windows 7 both are booting fine but i have to pres F1 at POST to continue and there is no option to skip all errors in BIOS. To me the bios i very limited and i don't know even if i have enabled the VT and other CPU features because i have a Intel x9000. There was an option to overclock the cpu from bios to 3.2GHz at p-6860 but i use ThrottleStop but just as a comparison that it does have NOTHING not even remove the quite boot option.

i was wondering if there is a hidden option that will allow me to reset/update ESCD.

here is the bios link http://global-download.packardbell.com/G...C=EMEA_27P

Edit: just to make sure because there are 2 bios versions one with 9800m GTS and 260m, mine is with 260m. and gateway p-79 bios maybe for comparison of whatever you might need it http://global-download.gateway.com/GDFil...Y&SC=PA_6G

And since i would like to start learning some modding can i get any clue where to start. i always liked low level programming but for now i have to stay with java until im finished with uni or i have more free time.

Thanks
Here is your unlocked bios with unlocked INTEL tab which includes all new menus .

[attachment=3286]

try it and im waiting your reply Smile
Hello I tried this bios and it worked Great! I have a request if you could get the video card bios for me or modify this one for me with a lower gpu voltage to decrease temps I have no desire to overclock so lower temps would be nice. It would be greatly appreciated thank you!!!
(06-06-2012, 04:44 PM)inno Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I tried this bios and it worked Great! I have a request if you could get the video card bios for me or modify this one for me with a lower gpu voltage to decrease temps I have no desire to overclock so lower temps would be nice. It would be greatly appreciated thank you!!!
I could do that for you Wink
I have a I Power GX, too,...
But mine is the Version with the 9800 M GTS, but i know how to undervolt Wink
I changed my GPU BIOS, so that it is much cooler in 2d, thrtl, 3d and overvolted/overclocked it in extra,...
Save your BIOS using GPU-Z and attach it in you answer,....
You want to lower the voltage in every state? (2d, thrtl, 3d, extra)
I would suggest to do a bit of overclocking and a bit of under undervolting - thats great Wink
And please clean your fans, that is the most important thing Wink

Korbi
i haven't modified vbios before, may be Korbi can modify it for you Smile

Thanks for confirming,

Moved to unlocked /mod
(06-07-2012, 04:37 PM)Korbi Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2012, 04:44 PM)inno Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I tried this bios and it worked Great! I have a request if you could get the video card bios for me or modify this one for me with a lower gpu voltage to decrease temps I have no desire to overclock so lower temps would be nice. It would be greatly appreciated thank you!!!
I could do that for you Wink
I have a I Power GX, too,...
But mine is the Version with the 9800 M GTS, but i know how to undervolt Wink
I changed my GPU BIOS, so that it is much cooler in 2d, thrtl, 3d and overvolted/overclocked it in extra,...
Save your BIOS using GPU-Z and attach it in you answer,....
You want to lower the voltage in every state? (2d, thrtl, 3d, extra)
I would suggest to do a bit of overclocking and a bit of under undervolting - thats great Wink
And please clean your fans, that is the most important thing Wink

Korbi

Actually I figured out how to do it myself!

Also my motherboard has a video card embedded bios that refuses to give me the bios through GPUZ and NVflash. I had to extract the OPROM from the complete modded bios, edit in in nibitor, then recompile it for flashing.

I currently have:
Extra .95
3d .8
thrtl .8
2d .8

I have no desire to overclock and I have no heating issue I just LOVE to modify everything I can when it comes to laptops lol.

Do you think i could bring these voltages a little lower? I would love some opinions.
(06-08-2012, 03:22 PM)inno Wrote: [ -> ]I currently have:
Extra .95
3d .8
thrtl .8
2d .8

I have no desire to overclock and I have no heating issue I just LOVE to modify everything I can when it comes to laptops lol.

Do you think i could bring these voltages a little lower? I would love some opinions.
I have now
Extra .1.20
3d .8
thrtl .8
2d .8

Before:
Extra .1.12
3d .9
thrtl .9
2d .9

Lower than 0.8V is not available in Nbitor at my card.

Why aren`t you overclocking, its useful, my 9800 M GTS OC is faster than your 260M @ stock,...

Korbi
(06-08-2012, 03:37 PM)Korbi Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2012, 03:22 PM)inno Wrote: [ -> ]I currently have:
Extra .95
3d .8
thrtl .8
2d .8

I have now
Extra .1.20
3d .8
thrtl .8
2d .8

Before:
Extra .1.12
3d .9
thrtl .9
2d .9

Lower than 0.8V is not available in Nbitor at my card.

Why aren`t you overclocking, its useful, my 9800 M GTS OC is faster than your 260M @ stock,...

Korbi

what would be a reasonable overclock w/ voltages

temps playing games on my 260m gtx at stock are about 83c
I hope to not see high 90s
(06-08-2012, 04:43 PM)inno Wrote: [ -> ]what would be a reasonable overclock w/ voltages

Every card is different, you should try to overclock with software like MSI Afterburner and then test, if the clock speeds are safe in games/benchmarks. Then you can flash your card with this clock speeds.
Let the clock speed excepted the extra clock speed at default.
so undervolt the 3d .8, thrtl .8, 2d .8 and put back the default voltage in extra.
This speeds should be very stable at almost every card:
600 MHz
1450 MHz
1000 MHz

Your fans/heatpipies are cleaned?
My card isnt reaching 80c at all Wink

Korbi
(06-09-2012, 03:54 AM)Korbi Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2012, 04:43 PM)inno Wrote: [ -> ]what would be a reasonable overclock w/ voltages

Every card is different, you should try to overclock with software like MSI Afterburner and then test, if the clock speeds are safe in games/benchmarks. Then you can flash your card with this clock speeds.
Let the clock speed excepted the extra clock speed at default.
so undervolt the 3d .8, thrtl .8, 2d .8 and put back the default voltage in extra.
This speeds should be very stable at almost every card:
600 MHz
1450 MHz
1000 MHz

Your fans/heatpipies are cleaned?
My card isnt reaching 80c at all Wink

Korbi

well I will take this into consideration and yes my vents are dust free aswell I have polished my heatsinks clean and applied IC Diamond I was thinking of adding copper shims or something idk why it runs hot I heard it is suppose to run cooler than the 9800m gts. I would also like to keep in mind that I run 1920 x 1200 resolution so that is probably the reason my temps are really high in games also at stock I don't face any fps issues.
Pages: 1 2