Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: SONY VGN-C2Z/B AHCI and others options ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Today I tried to install 2x2GB SODIMM 800 Mhz. I saw in the BIOS only 3GB (((( and when C2Z try to start win - Endless Reboot ((
(01-05-2012, 06:17 PM)AHMED HOSSAM Wrote: [ -> ]Was your bios files a backup not the original one from sony`s web site !!
If yes , then the modified bioses are useless as backup can`t be flashed after modified .

Does that apply to all SONY VAIO VGN series ?

Backup BIOS cant be flashed after beeing modified ?
Also I'm found 1GB and 2GB SO-DIMM and try it: C2Z try to start win - Endless Reboot (( At the same time memtest passes completely
Is it realistic to remove the restriction in 2 GB?
32 bit win 10 works fine with 4gb, but available only 3gb (( 

In BIOS available only 3gb too((

But any 64-bit version does not start in principle if you have more than 2 GB
bios pic
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

945 It was one of the first northbridges from intel for the Core2Duo 64-bit CPUs. They failed in designing it.

chipset can only theoretically address 4GB of RAM, yet also has to address other hardware (I/O memory). It reserves the upper 1GB memory range for that. The 64bit logical memory address support in the Linux kernel doesn't help, because the mainboard and northbridge only provide for a 32bit physical address bus to the CPU. And there is no workaround.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T61-and-prio...m/m-p/2730

http://askubuntu.com/questions/20571/why...sing-amd64
(09-21-2016, 08:33 AM)dat Wrote: [ -> ]But any 64-bit version does not start in principle if you have more than 2 GB

while thinking about other bios options for VGN-C2S 'cause of problems with not starting extern bootable media at all, I finally found this thread and the comment above....gave me the idea why.... Smile

I removed one of my two 2GB Memory....and all externe boot media starts again.....

my good...that problem runs me crazy...as all other updating the machine works out great:

3GB Memory with a Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit system...and all Machine Functions & Drivers are good.

And...the machine runs incredible fast for that old 1.66 duo core....I mean...nearly as good as some simple three years later i3 machines....never expected that.

The 1GB Memory more made it realy more stabile...as I see also the CPU runs more stabile with less Highs 'n' Lows...

And a reboot do start with no longer waiting...

But the only thing...if I want to use a bootable stick...it needs to reduce the memory to 2GB....but thats easy to handle on this machine.

by the way...flashing the bios needs a simple instal for a Win7 32bit system...to led winplash run....

thanx to Ahmed Hossam for his modified R0104J4.rar
and the now given possibiliy to update the machine with SSD....and we have here a fine fast running nice green colored Vaio....OK the graphic could be better....but that's another theme....Wink
[url=https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/attachment.php?aid=3231][/url]
(10-14-2016, 06:17 PM)kikuk Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-21-2016, 08:33 AM)dat Wrote: [ -> ]But any 64-bit version does not start in principle if you have more than 2 GB

while thinking about other bios options for VGN-C2S 'cause of problems with not starting extern bootable media at all, I finally found this thread and the comment above....gave me the idea why.... Smile

I removed one of my two 2GB Memory....and all externe boot media starts again.....

my good...that problem runs me crazy...as all other updating the machine works out great:

3GB Memory with a Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit system...and all Machine Functions & Drivers are good.

And...the machine runs incredible fast for that old 1.66 duo core....I mean...nearly as good as some simple three years later i3 machines....never expected that.

The 1GB Memory more made it realy more stabile...as I see also the CPU runs more stabile with less Highs 'n' Lows...

And a reboot do start with no longer waiting...

But the only thing...if I want to use a bootable stick...it needs to reduce the memory to 2GB....but thats easy to handle on this machine.

by the way...flashing the bios needs a simple instal for a Win7 32bit system...to led winplash run....

and the now given possibiliy to update the machine with SSD....and we have here a fine fast running nice green colored Vaio....OK the graphic could be better....but that's another theme....Wink
Hi, I have Sony VGN C2Z/b but not start win 10 pro x64 with 3GB of RAM. How did you make it work?, have you modified the bios?
Thanks
.kikuk

actually it's possible to boot the mini Win XP from Hiren's boot CD (just google for version 15.2)  switch to your hdd and flash the modded bios with winphlash from there. Thats what I did after all other boot/flash procedures failed.

and thx a lot to Ahmed Hossam from me, too. Pimped an old Vaio with it...and it now boots win 7 64 in 30 secs...
Pages: 1 2 3 4