Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source

Full Version: SONY VGN-C2Z/B AHCI and others options ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Quote:Hi, I have Sony VGN C2Z/b but not start win 10 pro x64 with 3GB of RAM. How did you make it work?, have you modified the bios?

I guess you installed the win 10 1703, the creators update.

I just updated my win 10 1607 up to 1703....and now it does start also only with 2GB Ram...and several Drivers not working, especially the Network Drivers....

Had not the time in the moment to find the solutions....and switched back to win 10 1607.

cheers
(10-09-2017, 10:30 AM)kikuk Wrote: [ -> ]I just updated my win 10 1607 up to 1703....and now it does start also only with 2GB Ram...and several Drivers not working, especially the Network Drivers....
exactly the same problem. I'm tried to play with doubledriver has sets all the drivers from 1607 into 1703, but.......no result (((
[Image: FileDownloadHandler.ashx?fid=4572e1b2-e0...65c662c074]
microsoft says that our device is not compatible with windows 10 and Only use the OS for which the manufacturer of your equipment has developed a driver ((((((((((((((((((

https://answers.microsoft.com/ru-ru/wind...5e5?auth=1
With 1st reboot during install 1709 renamed the C:\Windows\System32\drivers file pcmcia.sys to pcmcia.old and.... Everything works fine
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...c2c?page=1
to use 3GB you need to use macrium reflect to restore the ability of windows to boot. I. e. leave 2gb boot from USB flash drive to start macrium and recover boot of windows. Then put back to 3 GB and load windows. And!!! Now!!! Above all!!! Never shut down c2z through the windows menu. Always reboot and when the BIOS displays the first lines only then turn power off. I don't know why, but if you don't let windows shut down through its normal shutdown - everything works fine with 3GB
After 1 week with 3 gb and 1709 system did not start (( the usual manipulation of Macrium do not help (
with 3 gb and Microsoft Windows 10 Redstone 4 Insider Preview[17115.1] works fine )))
In Redstone 4 Insider Preview[17115.1] pcmcia don't fix.
With 1st reboot during install renamed the C:\Windows\System32\drivers file pcmcia.sys to pcmcia.old and.... Everything works fine
(03-08-2018, 11:42 PM)dat Wrote: [ -> ]In Redstone 4 Insider Preview[17115.1] pcmcia don't fix.
With 1st reboot during install  renamed the C:\Windows\System32\drivers file pcmcia.sys to pcmcia.old and.... Everything works fine

Renaming pcmcia.sys to old helps if you make a fresh instal of 1803 or 1709
However even with the temporary workaround, the problem is now blocking any attempt to update when a new feature build is released. (Unable to update from 1703 to 1709, from 1709 to 1803, heck even from 1607 which was the last fully working version to any build newer.)
Microsoft is not willing to solve that PCMCIA driver-problem that affected all machines with a Intel 945 chipset.

Also there is no solution to fix the problem allowing 3 GB RAM since 1703

So I stay with 1607 or better with Win7.....and 3GB RAM...
eventually,
I'm too tired to butt heads and put Windows 7:
3 GB of memory and trouble-free device operation
Pages: 1 2 3 4